How to Protect Yourself from Spam Emails?
Email spam is one of the most serious threats to companies, individuals and organizations online. Even though spam protection has evolved to become very intelligent in relation to recognizing unsolicited bulk email, there is no way of 100% blocking every potential spam message. One way or another, there is a very high chance that some spam email will land in your inbox at some point in time.
Due to the fact that, once we sign up for an online retail account, we give permission to be added to advertising and marketing mailing lists we are in receipt of may marketing emails. Cybercriminals are able to create similar emails that have a better chance of bypassing our email filters and security.
Follow these five steps in order to give yourself the best chance of spotting and preventing a spam email from causing an issue for you or your company.
- Protect and mask your email address: If you need to share your email address online you must make it difficult for a spam bot to identify and copy it. Consider scrambling the letters to hide it or spell out symbols.
- Hide the email address in an image: You could produce an image that shows your email address in a CAPTCHA format or embed it in a JPEG file.
- Encode your email address: If there is no avoiding publishing or making available an active email link you should encode your email address in a way that is not decipherable by spambots scanning your web presence.
- Use a Test to hide your email address: You could devise a test, using an online tool to safeguard your email address by hiding it behind an easy test. There are many free solutions available online to allow you to accomplish this. Just be sure that you only use one from an authentic website or company.
- Think before you click: You get tons of emails every day, out of this emails lot, you also get a lot of spam emails. Here, we suggest you should avoid opening attachments or clicking on links sent from unknown sources. You should also consider scanning attachment with reliable antimalware software before opening it.
- Download spam filtering tools: As we discussed, you should avoid clicking on links and opening attachments from unknown sources, you should also consider installing spam filtering tools for effective results. Once you install these tools on your system, it will effectively block all those emails with malicious content.
- Do not reply to spam messages: Next effective step is avoiding reply to spam messages. In case, you will reply to these spam messages, it will alert spammers that your email account is active, and they will target you more often.
- Avoid using your business or personal email: If you are registering for some online contest or service that you can’t rely or you will not use it for long, prefer not to use your business or personal email account for registration.
- Never Share your email address: This is the final resort. In order to do this, you will need to create online forms for contact that are protected by spam guards.
So, this was a quick discussion on how to protect yourself from spam emails. DO try these steps to keep yourself secure from unnecessary trouble.
Want to access geo-restricted sites, but don’t want to get into the nitty-gritty of technicalities? You are in luck. ClearVPN is just the right VPN for you. Unlike other VPNs in the market, ClearVPN lets you choose the activity you wish to perform, not the server. This makes using both a VPN and staying secure […]
Of course, you’ve spent a lot of money for your new Mac, and we understand how it can be frustrating when you see it starts working slow or any other unusual things happen, like an unexpected crash of apps. What happened with the expensive device and how to stop and prevent this problem? In our […]
Human nature is defined as the constant struggle of man and woman to fulfill their immediate needs, wants, and desires. Once that list is achieved, we want more and in a consumer-dominated world, there is nothing better than that. You may be a fan of fast internet speeds, however, you would also need other perks […]
Identity theft – what is it and how to protect yourself? At a time when there is an unlimited amount of information available to the individual via the Internet, and the development of technology and the increasingly complex operation of the public and social life require the exchange of large quantities of data, the right […]
Blockchain technology has advanced significantly since the launch of cryptocurrency in 2008. Today, entrepreneurs in various industries have embraced its value and technological advantage, trying to appropriate it for advancing their competitive edge on the market. Besides, blockchain may open up new doors due to its dispersed and flexible nature, helping companies through transparency, privacy, […]
Are you contemplating software expansion? The complexity of programming necessitates the need for an expert programmer. While anyone can pass out as a developer, it will help if you research the leading destinations to outsource software development specialists. This article factors in everything you need to know when looking for a software developer. Factors to […]
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]