How to Protect Yourself from Spam Emails?
Email spam is one of the most serious threats to companies, individuals and organizations online. Even though spam protection has evolved to become very intelligent in relation to recognizing unsolicited bulk email, there is no way of 100% blocking every potential spam message. One way or another, there is a very high chance that some spam email will land in your inbox at some point in time.
Due to the fact that, once we sign up for an online retail account, we give permission to be added to advertising and marketing mailing lists we are in receipt of may marketing emails. Cybercriminals are able to create similar emails that have a better chance of bypassing our email filters and security.
Follow these five steps in order to give yourself the best chance of spotting and preventing a spam email from causing an issue for you or your company.
- Protect and mask your email address: If you need to share your email address online you must make it difficult for a spam bot to identify and copy it. Consider scrambling the letters to hide it or spell out symbols.
- Hide the email address in an image: You could produce an image that shows your email address in a CAPTCHA format or embed it in a JPEG file.
- Encode your email address: If there is no avoiding publishing or making available an active email link you should encode your email address in a way that is not decipherable by spambots scanning your web presence.
- Use a Test to hide your email address: You could devise a test, using an online tool to safeguard your email address by hiding it behind an easy test. There are many free solutions available online to allow you to accomplish this. Just be sure that you only use one from an authentic website or company.
- Think before you click: You get tons of emails every day, out of this emails lot, you also get a lot of spam emails. Here, we suggest you should avoid opening attachments or clicking on links sent from unknown sources. You should also consider scanning attachment with reliable antimalware software before opening it.
- Download spam filtering tools: As we discussed, you should avoid clicking on links and opening attachments from unknown sources, you should also consider installing spam filtering tools for effective results. Once you install these tools on your system, it will effectively block all those emails with malicious content.
- Do not reply to spam messages: Next effective step is avoiding reply to spam messages. In case, you will reply to these spam messages, it will alert spammers that your email account is active, and they will target you more often.
- Avoid using your business or personal email: If you are registering for some online contest or service that you can’t rely or you will not use it for long, prefer not to use your business or personal email account for registration.
- Never Share your email address: This is the final resort. In order to do this, you will need to create online forms for contact that are protected by spam guards.
So, this was a quick discussion on how to protect yourself from spam emails. DO try these steps to keep yourself secure from unnecessary trouble.
Internet connectivity is a mandated requirement for many routine works on Windows 10 systems. Whether it is some official work or personal work, having a smooth internet connection is important for both. However, internet connectivity is not so smooth for all Windows 10 users. This is due to multiple reasons like geographical issues, increased traffic, […]
Windows 11 offers the ultimate experience to the users and comes with multiple features. Hence, all devices require an updated version of Windows for seamless operations. Many times a user has to go to purchase the costly Windows 11. Due to the cost constraints, it is not feasible for all Windows users to purchase the […]
The finest encryption software enables keeping your files private and safe for security considerations, as well as protecting them against intrusion. When it relates to securing your data and documents, encryption software seems to have become increasingly vital. Hacking attempts and privacy breaches have made it simpler for total strangers to access the most private […]
Have you often pondered how to display your desktop on whether you’re a Windows 11,10 user or recently updated towards the beta windows version 11? It is a question that almost all of us have asked. Using a display capturing app is the most straightforward approach to record a screen. And TweakShot is one of […]
Windows 11 is the leading operating system that is used on multiple systems globally. Many times users have the issue of recovering the permanently deleted files in Windows 11. There can be multiple reasons that may lead to the permanent deletion of files on this operating system. The good news is that technology helps the […]
Are you looking for a way to save movies on DVD, Blu-ray discs and share them with loved ones? You are at the right place; we will share steps to burn DVDs on Mac. Need of Burning Movies to DVD In pursuit of moving users to iCloud, Apple, for some years now, has been moving […]
The world is changing. Along with the hustle and bustle, the way we perceive and adopt education is also evolving. Students don’t have to struggle as much in the olden days. Yes, they are more occupied and have deadly deadlines, so these tools are in the store for them to cope with the pressure! Mindnode […]
Plagiarism in papers can spoil your grades in college. Every student understands that it is a grave mistake and can leave them with zero. Therefore, it is a must to run a plagiarism checker on the document after you have done it. Below are given five top plagiarism tools you can reliably use for improved […]
A player’s first point of call with a new video game is its name. As such, a well chosen name can be a decisive factor in whether a title achieves commercial success or ends up in the bargain bin. The stories as to how different games get their names are as varied as the imaginary […]
Indeed, Programming Language is the main essential for pretty much every discipline whether it be Web Development, Machine Learning, Data Science, or some other. Every programming language has a huge demand in the programming field. In this article, you’ll find about the top 10 programming languages of 2021. Specifically, beginners firmly need to consider a […]
For people with color vision disabilities and vision loss, to make things easy and help them deal with issues while working on a PC, Windows 11 provides built-in color filters. So, if you are looking for a way to use color filters, follow through with the step-by-step instructions and learn how to use color filters […]
Take your YouTube stream to the next level in your living room. Are you happy with YouTube being a snack-sized place for videos? Or do you want to make it more than that? If your answer is yes, we know how you can make more out of it and make YouTube a substantial entertainment resource […]
Removing bloatware from Windows 11 is not impossible. If you know the correct instructions, it is as easy as 1-2-3. This article will explain everything clearly, thus helping get rid of bloatware from Windows 11. To begin with, we will learn how to remove bloatware using the traditional Uninstall function. Best Ways to Remove Bloatware […]
It’s literally impossible to run a business without a digital presence nowadays. Twenty years ago, the internet was just one of the ways that prospective clients could learn about your product. Now, it’s almost impossible to imagine that someone will learn about your brand somewhere else. Thus, you need to make sure that your business […]
With more than 122 million users accessing YouTube daily, the video streaming service has been an undisputed winner. However, every once in a while, a YouTube channel posts inappropriate content or something you might not like. If you understand what we are saying, we are sailing in the same boat. In this post, we will […]