How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls in 2021?
What is WhatsApp and how can it enhance our communication experience—is well known by everyone, so we won’t repeat that.
Therefore, we are going to talk about the much-awaited WhatsApp Web feature—Video Calling. Early, WhatsApp Web won’t allow users to video call with their friends and colleagues, but recently, WhatsApp has enabled it.
From your virtual office meetings to lazy chit chat with your friends, you can easily make video calls with WhatsApp Web on your Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Now, the primary steps to make WhatsApp Web video calls on multiple OS platforms are the same, but there are multiple different approaches that you can use. In this post, we will talk about all the possible ways to make WhatsApp Web video calls.
What is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is an extension of your smartphone’s WhatsApp app that you can run on your Windows and Mac computers without downloading the actual application. This WhatsApp version mirrors all the app features that you have been using on your Android or iOS phone.
Using WhatsApp Web, you don’t have to constantly navigate between your phone and laptop while working. You can also use your WhatsApp as your email account and freely send files and messages to your clients.
With a four million+ active user base, WhatsApp Web brings the following benefits:
- You can mirror your WhatsApp Web and mobile live chat without any hassle.
- To login to WhatsApp Web, a QR code is used, eliminating all the security and privacy threats.
- When you download something on WhatsApp mobile app, it will not automatically download on desktop or vice versa and saves data duplication and memory clouding.
How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls in Three Ways?
Today, we are going to share three prominent ways to make video calls using your Windows or Mac laptops or desktops. You can follow any of the methods as per your convenience—
1. Using your Facebook Messenger’s Room
If you have a Facebook account, you can make WhatsApp Web video calls directly from your web browsers. You just have to follow the instructions:
- Open your web browser and enter “WhatsAppWeb.com” in the search field, and open the login screen.
- On the other hand, pick your phone and click on the WhatsApp icon. Noteworthily, Android users should tap on three dots, and iPhone users need to go to the Settings tab.
- On your phone, tap on WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Web/Desktop option.
- Android and iPhone users have to tap on the Link A Device option and follow through instructions (if any).
- This is an important step where you have to scan the QR code present on your computer screen with your mobile phone camera.
- Now, your connection is prompted, and you are all set to use WhatsApp Web.
- To make a video call, you can head over to the vertical three-dots icon and click Create a Room.
- A pop up will appear on your screen; go click on Continue in Messenger and connect your Facebook account.
- Once your Room is created, you are ready to start video calls with your contacts.
- Although, you have to share a video call link with your friends.
- To create a group or specific contact room, open that chat window, press the attachment icon, and click Room, which is the last icon in the list.
Note – If you are using any biometric security settings on your device, your device’s operating system will ask you to reenter them as WhatsApp can’t automatically access the biometric information stored in your device’s OS.
2. Using Android Emulators
Video calling directly through Facebook Messenger Room is a very recent addition by WhatsApp. Therefore, if you don’t want to use it, you have to use Android emulators like AndY, Nox, BlueStacks, and others to download WhatsApp on your Windows or Mac. If you have Xcode, you can emulate iOS WhatsApp there as well.
To make WhatsApp Web video calls with Android Emulators, follow these steps:
- Go to your preferred Android Emulator’s website on your computer and download it.
- Click on the downloaded file to install on your system by following the prompted instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, open Emulator, and there you’ll find the Play Store app, open it.
- Search for WhatsApp and install it.
- You have to activate WhatsApp by entering your phone number, name, and OTP to complete the authentication process.
- You can now use the WhatsApp app—the way you have been already using it on your iOS and Android phones.
Note – You can’t simultaneously use your WhatsApp account on the Android emulator and your phone.
3. Download WhatsApp Web App
If you don’t prefer the other two options, you can simply download the WhatsApp Web or Desktop app from your Mac or Microsoft App Store. To download the WhatsApp Desktop app, you have to be on Windows 8.1 (higher) and MacOS 10.10 (higher).
The downloading process going to be:
- In your web browser, open the WhatsApp Download Page and download the .exe or .dmg file.
- Once the download is complete, initiate the installation process.
- Next, you have to use the QR code to link your phone and computer WhatsApp account (the process will be the same as discussed in the first method).
- Now, you have a fully functional WhatsApp working on your computer, and by clicking on the Camera icon, you can start video calls with your contacts.
- You can also make group video calls by adding up to 8 participants.
If you can’t make video calls on WhatsApp Web, you can use these common tips:
- There must be a problem with your internet connection as WhatsApp requires a steady WiFi or cellular data connection to make video calls.
- If your phone can’t send or receive messages from WhatsApp Web, it can disturb the QR linking process.
- WhatsApp has a good support system, which you consult when you are stuck anywhere.
WhatsApp Web might be used less than WhatsApp Android or iOS app currently, but the way the company is developing the web version, we can definitely say that it will soon pick up the pace.
Anyway, our team had a blast while testing all the WhatsApp Web video calling methods, so do share your experience after making WhatsApp video calls from your computer as well.
Voice-based virtual assistants are ruling the technology realms nowadays. Whether it’s Amazon’s Alexa or Apple’s Siri, AI-based virtual assistants are redefining the way people search online. Despite this boom in voice assistant technologies, Microsoft’s Cortana isn’t doing too great. In fact, as of January 2020, Cortana has been removed from the Windows search bar, Xbox […]
YouTube can be one of the most entertaining fun applications out there. However, all of this fun can go right down the drain if the angles are not right. Down below, we have a complete guide to elaborate on 3 easy ways to rotate YouTube videos. Rotate Video Using the YouTube Video Editor One of […]
Imagine you are all set for a family movie night. But when you connect your TV to your laptop to broadcast a movie on a bigger screen, it doesn’t fit your TV screen. All you could see is the movie taking up a smaller area on your TV, and the rest of the screen is […]
If you are facing connection issues on your MacBook, you might want to know how to clear the DNS cache on your Mac. That’s because the DNS cache acts like a memory that your device refers to when trying to load a website or a server. Clearing the DNS cache on Mac isn’t a difficult […]
Timing is everything while editing a video clip or movie. Once you trim unwanted parts from the video and put them in the right sequence, you can easily gag out the desired emotions from your viewers. Adjusting timing in a video is referred to as trimming. Now, if you are wondering that video trimming is […]
The Healthcare landscape has turned 360 degrees in the last few months. Physical doctor visits have turned into video calls, and medication orders are now being placed online. It won’t be wrong to say that pandemic has given a much-needed new push to healthcare digitization. In 2020, the global digital health market was valued at […]
iTunes is one of the most critical parts of the Apple family. It lets you download media files from the internet to your Mac and other Apple devices. Apple releases iTunes updates frequently so that users can build their personal playlists and movie libraries hassle-freely. To update iTunes on your Mac, you simply have to […]
Do you want to sell a product or services online? But don’t want to deal with the eCommerce shop setting up hassles? Then, better learn how to sell on Instagram in 2021. You see people, Instagram has over 1 billion active users globally, out of which 110 million users are only from the United States. […]
In simple words, data security is paramount because it wins the customer’s trust when they have to share their information with a business. Regardless of the company size, data is important for all kinds of firms out there. To avoid any unforeseen event from taking place, businesses have to invest in several data privacy principles […]
We are sure that finding this article is itself a sense of relief as your deleted photos have a great sentimental value and they must be recovered back using a good photo recovery software. Whether your photos have been deleted from a computer, memory card, hard drive, SD card or a digital camera, you can […]
What are these incredible apps? It has been known for some time that the human body can heal itself and rebalance the hundreds of energy systems it uses to maintain wellbeing through stimulation coming from the outside world. Many new forms of technology are able to measure this balance and the changes that can happen […]
The competition in the world of business is more demanding than ever before. Startups, for example, encounter some trouble establishing their presence in the industry of their choice. Also, it is challenging to please customers these days. When running a business, your ultimate goal is to make noise in the market, increase online visibility, and […]
In the previous years, the majority of the consumers and businesses used unsustainable materials as if there will be no tomorrow. They just think for the present day without realizing that these unsustainable materials will not have a bad effect to the environment. But nowadays, there’s now the so-called “environmental awareness” which many people documented […]
There are a lot of unique features usually related to successful business people, including passion, confidence, and commitment. However, in today’s frenetic digital time, even the best person needs some help running a company. And with lots of helpful, reliable, and efficient data-driven tools and solutions for business at your disposal, why would you shoulder […]
Data pipeline works by a series of actions or steps of processing data. The process involves the ingestion of data from different sources then moving them to a destination in step by step manner. In each step, the output is formulated and goes on until completed. How does it work? As its name suggests, it […]