How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls in 2021?
What is WhatsApp and how can it enhance our communication experience—is well known by everyone, so we won’t repeat that.
Therefore, we are going to talk about the much-awaited WhatsApp Web feature—Video Calling. Early, WhatsApp Web won’t allow users to video call with their friends and colleagues, but recently, WhatsApp has enabled it.
From your virtual office meetings to lazy chit chat with your friends, you can easily make video calls with WhatsApp Web on your Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
Now, the primary steps to make WhatsApp Web video calls on multiple OS platforms are the same, but there are multiple different approaches that you can use. In this post, we will talk about all the possible ways to make WhatsApp Web video calls.
What is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is an extension of your smartphone’s WhatsApp app that you can run on your Windows and Mac computers without downloading the actual application. This WhatsApp version mirrors all the app features that you have been using on your Android or iOS phone.
Using WhatsApp Web, you don’t have to constantly navigate between your phone and laptop while working. You can also use your WhatsApp as your email account and freely send files and messages to your clients.
With a four million+ active user base, WhatsApp Web brings the following benefits:
- You can mirror your WhatsApp Web and mobile live chat without any hassle.
- To login to WhatsApp Web, a QR code is used, eliminating all the security and privacy threats.
- When you download something on WhatsApp mobile app, it will not automatically download on desktop or vice versa and saves data duplication and memory clouding.
How to Make WhatsApp Web Video Calls in Three Ways?
Today, we are going to share three prominent ways to make video calls using your Windows or Mac laptops or desktops. You can follow any of the methods as per your convenience—
1. Using your Facebook Messenger’s Room
If you have a Facebook account, you can make WhatsApp Web video calls directly from your web browsers. You just have to follow the instructions:
- Open your web browser and enter “WhatsAppWeb.com” in the search field, and open the login screen.
- On the other hand, pick your phone and click on the WhatsApp icon. Noteworthily, Android users should tap on three dots, and iPhone users need to go to the Settings tab.
- On your phone, tap on WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Web/Desktop option.
- Android and iPhone users have to tap on the Link A Device option and follow through instructions (if any).
- This is an important step where you have to scan the QR code present on your computer screen with your mobile phone camera.
- Now, your connection is prompted, and you are all set to use WhatsApp Web.
- To make a video call, you can head over to the vertical three-dots icon and click Create a Room.
- A pop up will appear on your screen; go click on Continue in Messenger and connect your Facebook account.
- Once your Room is created, you are ready to start video calls with your contacts.
- Although, you have to share a video call link with your friends.
- To create a group or specific contact room, open that chat window, press the attachment icon, and click Room, which is the last icon in the list.
Note – If you are using any biometric security settings on your device, your device’s operating system will ask you to reenter them as WhatsApp can’t automatically access the biometric information stored in your device’s OS.
2. Using Android Emulators
Video calling directly through Facebook Messenger Room is a very recent addition by WhatsApp. Therefore, if you don’t want to use it, you have to use Android emulators like AndY, Nox, BlueStacks, and others to download WhatsApp on your Windows or Mac. If you have Xcode, you can emulate iOS WhatsApp there as well.
To make WhatsApp Web video calls with Android Emulators, follow these steps:
- Go to your preferred Android Emulator’s website on your computer and download it.
- Click on the downloaded file to install on your system by following the prompted instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, open Emulator, and there you’ll find the Play Store app, open it.
- Search for WhatsApp and install it.
- You have to activate WhatsApp by entering your phone number, name, and OTP to complete the authentication process.
- You can now use the WhatsApp app—the way you have been already using it on your iOS and Android phones.
Note – You can’t simultaneously use your WhatsApp account on the Android emulator and your phone.
3. Download WhatsApp Web App
If you don’t prefer the other two options, you can simply download the WhatsApp Web or Desktop app from your Mac or Microsoft App Store. To download the WhatsApp Desktop app, you have to be on Windows 8.1 (higher) and MacOS 10.10 (higher).
The downloading process going to be:
- In your web browser, open the WhatsApp Download Page and download the .exe or .dmg file.
- Once the download is complete, initiate the installation process.
- Next, you have to use the QR code to link your phone and computer WhatsApp account (the process will be the same as discussed in the first method).
- Now, you have a fully functional WhatsApp working on your computer, and by clicking on the Camera icon, you can start video calls with your contacts.
- You can also make group video calls by adding up to 8 participants.
If you can’t make video calls on WhatsApp Web, you can use these common tips:
- There must be a problem with your internet connection as WhatsApp requires a steady WiFi or cellular data connection to make video calls.
- If your phone can’t send or receive messages from WhatsApp Web, it can disturb the QR linking process.
- WhatsApp has a good support system, which you consult when you are stuck anywhere.
WhatsApp Web might be used less than WhatsApp Android or iOS app currently, but the way the company is developing the web version, we can definitely say that it will soon pick up the pace.
Anyway, our team had a blast while testing all the WhatsApp Web video calling methods, so do share your experience after making WhatsApp video calls from your computer as well.
Installing a good quality security system for your home will provide you with several safety benefits.Modern smart security systems come with advanced technological features to enhance the safety and security of your home. Here are some of the benefits of installing a smart security system in your home. Deters Criminals Criminals search for loopholes in […]
Bulky files are a great hindrance when you have to transfer or move them. Plus, they unnecessarily take up more room on your hard disk and slow down its performance. But you can easily tackle large files by knowing how to compress files on your Mac. The compressed file bearing .zip extension lets you store […]
Outsourcing software project is very common among multinational companies across the world. How can outsourcing project work provide advantages to a multinational company? The above question is very common among newbies interested in internet marketing. Let’s see here are some of the main features and benefits of outsourcing software projects. Improving the accuracy of project […]
If you have a Windows 10 computer with an internet connection, you need to invest in the best antimalware for PC — no questions asked. You need antivirus software to safeguard your system and data from infinite cyber threats such as malware, ransomware, and more. Thankfully, most of the new PCs come with pre-installed antimalware […]
Parenting in the social media era isn’t easy. You have to find a way to protect your kids from numerous online vulnerabilities. Especially if your kid is on Instagram, you have to shield him or her from cyberbullies, fake accounts, adult content, and more threats. Unfortunately, setting up Instagram parental controls isn’t easy because Instagram […]
The Internet plays a great role in our lives and it is as important as any other necessity in our lives like we cannot imagine living without food and water. In 2021, we cannot imagine a world without the internet as we are getting a lot of benefit from it. When we talk about business, […]
If your iPhone’s memory is full or you wish to create a backup of your cherished photos, you should import all your iPhone photos to your PC. There are several quick solutions to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. In this post, the TC team went ahead and drafted a complete guide on how […]
Among all the amazing Windows 10 applications, personalizing desktop appearance is simply fabulous. Windows 10 offers a group of elements that can help you customize the aesthetics of your screen in no time. As of now, we are going to focus on how to change the taskbar color in Windows 10. Within a few clicks, […]
Introduction Nowadays, one of the most trending social media apps is TikTok. Several users interact with each other by making videos and posting them. The reason behind its fame overnight is the exceptional features it comes with. There are a number of effects and filters using which you can make cool videos. A famous option […]
Online food delivery apps are booming today! One tap food ordering from your favorite restaurant business model is spreading like wildfire globally. Currently, many companies are making millions by creating food delivery apps. But there’s a catch for restaurants here — you have to provide delivery services under the company’s guidelines. If you don’t want […]
When your Windows 10 won’t stop troubling you, it’s time to wipe out the hard drive and have a fresh start. You can quickly reinstall Windows 10 to eliminate apps, startup, shut down, and performance issues. Additionally, if you are getting a new computer or replacing a hard drive, it’s good to have a clean […]
Drivers on Mac! Many computer users have rarely ever heard the two terms together. That’s because drivers are mostly associated with Windows PCs, not Mac. To be honest, macOS doesn’t actually require driver software to support hardware functions. Mac gadgets have built-in solutions to integrate with hardware, so no need to install third-party driver software. […]
Yoga has incredible physical and mental health benefits. That you already know! So, let’s not talk about that and discuss how you can do yoga anytime and anywhere? With the best yoga apps, you can perform relaxing yoga asanas whenever you have free time. You can simply open a yoga app on your phone or […]
VPNs mask your internet protocol (IP) address so your online actions are virtually untraceable. – Norton It creates an encrypted tunnel for your data, protects your online identity by hiding your IP address. – NordVPN VPN is an online multi-purpose privacy service that allows you to establish a secure and private connection to another network without […]
Can’t download the latest iOS or iPadOS update on your device? Do you always get a Full Storage message whenever you try to install a new app or click a picture on your device? Then, ladies and gentlemen, it is a clear indication that you have to clear cache and free up storage space on […]