How to Increase Internet Speed on Windows 10
Internet connectivity is a mandated requirement for many routine works on Windows 10 systems. Whether it is some official work or personal work, having a smooth internet connection is important for both. However, internet connectivity is not so smooth for all Windows 10 users. This is due to multiple reasons like geographical issues, increased traffic, type of service provider, etc. So, is it like there is no solution to speed up the internet on Windows 10?
Thankfully, there are a couple of quick but effective ways to increase the internet speeds on any device working on the Windows 10 operating system. So today, we bring you a detailed list of all the top ways that may help you to optimize your internet connectivity. If you’ve been thinking about how to speed up the internet on Windows 10, have a quick look at the top methods mentioned below.
Top ways to speed up internet on Windows 10:
Speeding up the internet is all about improving the uploading and downloading speeds. The top ten answers of how to speed up the internet on Windows 10 include the following:
- Turning off background apps:
Background apps may be the culprits affecting the internet speeds on your Windows 10 system. If there are multiple apps running in the background of your Windows 10, these apps can significantly bring down the uploading and downloading speeds.
The quick steps to ensure the same are:
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Privacy” option.
- Locate the “Background apps” in the left sidebar of the “Privacy” option.
- Go to the “Let apps run in the background” option and change it to “off.” Alternatively, individual apps can be turned on or off.
- Removing viruses and other malware:
Continuous internet connectivity may secretly expose your Windows 10 system to multiple virus attacks and malware. There are multiple viruses and malware that can damage the smooth internet speeds on the system. Hence, it is crucial to download an effective antivirus program and let it scan the system at regular intervals. This antivirus easily detects and removes viruses and malware affecting internet speeds on Windows 10.
- Disabling metered connections:
Metered connections on Windows 10 places a cap on the daily internet usage from the source. Hence, in the process of increasing the internet speeds on Windows 10, you may go for disabling the metered connections on your system. The quick steps to do so are:
- Go to “Settings” on Windows 10 system.
- Go to the “Network and Internet” option.
- Go to the “Change Connection Properties” option.
- Go to “Metered connection” and turn the selection to “OFF.”
- Disabling apps using high bandwidth: Many times, multiple apps may use high internet bandwidth on Windows 10. Some of the best ways to disable apps using high bandwidth are:
- Go to the “Settings” app.
- Go to “Network and Internet.”
- Go to “Data Usage” and select “View usage per app.”
- Check the usage details and disable apps using high internet bandwidth.
- Deleting temporary files:
Windows 10 creates multiple temporary files that may slow down internet speeds on the system. Hence, deleting these temporary files may help in increasing internet speeds on Windows 10. The quick steps for the same are:
- Open “Run” by clicking “Windows + R” simultaneously.
- Type “%temp%” in the “Open” window.
- Click all files appearing in the temporary folder and go for deleting all these files.
- Go to Recycle Bin and empty it to permanently delete the temporary files.
- Upgrading existing internet plans: Many times, the simple way to increase internet speed on Windows 10 is to change your internet plan. It is easy to find the best match according to daily data quota and internet speeds. After changing the plan according to your internet speeds, you can reboot the system to enjoy faster uploading and downloading speeds.
- Changing Wi-Fi passwords: Wi-Fi passwords are often prone to hacking, which leads to the unauthorized use of your internet. Multiple devices using single Wi-Fi may lead to slow download and upload speeds. Hence, one of the best ways to increase internet speed on Windows 10 is to change your Wi-Fi password. It is ideal to go for some strong passwords involving alphabets, numbers, and symbols.
- Changing bandwidth limits: The bandwidth limits of Windows 10 define the use of an internet connection while downloading multiple updates. It is easy to change this internet bandwidth limits in the following ways:
- Go to the “Settings” app.
- Go to “Update and Security.”
- Go to “Advanced options.”
- Find the “Delivery Optimization” and go to “Advanced options.”
- Go to “Download Settings” and “Upload Settings” to find the ideal bandwidths.
- Using another web browser: Sometimes, the web browser is the main cause of the slow internet speeds on your Windows 10 system. The best step in such cases is to switch to another web browser if the regular one is facing speed challenges. Using a couple of web browsers can help you get to the best high-performing web browser for your Windows 10 needs. This is due to the issue that many browsers are not optimized for ensuring high-speed internet.
- Using Download Manager Program:
Windows 10 uses default tools to download files on the system. Hence, these tools are the deciding factor for internet downloads. Switching to the Download Manager Program can significantly improve internet speeds. The secret of their success is multi-threading, which enables quick downloading speeds. Like, Download Manager Program, upload tools can be used to increase uploading speeds.
After having a look at all the methods mentioned above, it can be safely concluded that it is easy and quick to speed up the internet on your Windows 10 system. Hence, no more issues in uploading, downloading, or internet surfing when you can optimize the internet connection speeds. You can go for some technical steps like changing the Windows 10 bandwidth, managing background apps, removing malware, or simply upgrading your internet plans.
Introduction People interested in creating video-based content can use many apps for their work. Some are useful, a few for editing, while others provide specialized functions like teleprompting, etc., all of which contribute to making engaging videos. For example, EaseUS RecExperts is a good choice for recording diverse videos for streaming sites and other platforms. […]
Introduction YouTube is one of the most well-liked and popular platforms, and many users post their videos easily. However, one must edit the videos well for better engagement with viewers and increase the follower base. Here, using the best editing software for YouTube is important. To note, there are multiple options available, some with standard […]
Introduction Nowadays, traveling from one location to another is very easy to handle, with multiple modes of travel available to people. One can take the road or sea route or fly safely via airplane to their destination. However, ensuring that the trip goes without any issues can sometimes become challenging, or even knowing the progress […]
Introduction Windows operating systems come with many high-quality software configurations, some pre-built for Windows OS while some not. One notable software is Android Studio, which is highly related to Android app development. It comes equipped with many tools and features necessary for creating robust Android apps. You can download and do Android Studio setup in […]
Introduction Windows offers a wide range of highly functional features in each of its versions, like the Snipping Tool. With this application, one can capture and save screenshots on Windows 11/10 and even edit them easily. However, this tool is not always stable. Some issues can affect its functionality, like damaged system files, outdated Windows […]
Introduction No matter what type of content creator one is, protecting their work is a priority for all. With apps like EaseUS Todo Backup, it is possible to safely store one’s files like images. However, that does not protect the pictures from getting shared online without the creator’s express permission. Thus, many people want to […]
Introduction Many platforms require password verification to access the site, like Gmail. While this site is relatively safe to use and comes with strong password protection support, some users can have privacy concerns. Another problem that prompts users to reset passwords is if they forgot your password email. In the context of security, you can […]
Introduction Do you want to be a Ruby programmer? It is hard to find a coding language that you want to make your forte nowadays. Maybe you have stumbled across Ruby, maybe you have worked with Ruby before. Here is a guide for you to become a certified Ruby programmer! There are a few certifications […]
Introduction With a vast library of eclectic video content, high-quality resolution, and free video streaming benefits, YouTube is highly popular globally. However, some users can notice problems in functionality while operating the app. One prominent one is the audio renderer error Windows 10/11 message that comes up due to certain functional defects. Typically, this prompt […]
Introduction Windows 11 has many strong features and tools that focus on ensuring strong OS performance. However, like others, it is not always safe from certain system issues, like bad drivers, malware problems, or bug-based errors. At this point, you can use third-party software like IObit Driver Booster to fix specific problems like defective drivers. […]