How to Increase Internet Speed on Windows 10
Internet connectivity is a mandated requirement for many routine works on Windows 10 systems. Whether it is some official work or personal work, having a smooth internet connection is important for both. However, internet connectivity is not so smooth for all Windows 10 users. This is due to multiple reasons like geographical issues, increased traffic, type of service provider, etc. So, is it like there is no solution to speed up the internet on Windows 10?
Thankfully, there are a couple of quick but effective ways to increase the internet speeds on any device working on the Windows 10 operating system. So today, we bring you a detailed list of all the top ways that may help you to optimize your internet connectivity. If you’ve been thinking about how to speed up the internet on Windows 10, have a quick look at the top methods mentioned below.
Top ways to speed up internet on Windows 10:
Speeding up the internet is all about improving the uploading and downloading speeds. The top ten answers of how to speed up the internet on Windows 10 include the following:
- Turning off background apps:
Background apps may be the culprits affecting the internet speeds on your Windows 10 system. If there are multiple apps running in the background of your Windows 10, these apps can significantly bring down the uploading and downloading speeds.
The quick steps to ensure the same are:
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Privacy” option.
- Locate the “Background apps” in the left sidebar of the “Privacy” option.
- Go to the “Let apps run in the background” option and change it to “off.” Alternatively, individual apps can be turned on or off.
- Removing viruses and other malware:
Continuous internet connectivity may secretly expose your Windows 10 system to multiple virus attacks and malware. There are multiple viruses and malware that can damage the smooth internet speeds on the system. Hence, it is crucial to download an effective antivirus program and let it scan the system at regular intervals. This antivirus easily detects and removes viruses and malware affecting internet speeds on Windows 10.
- Disabling metered connections:
Metered connections on Windows 10 places a cap on the daily internet usage from the source. Hence, in the process of increasing the internet speeds on Windows 10, you may go for disabling the metered connections on your system. The quick steps to do so are:
- Go to “Settings” on Windows 10 system.
- Go to the “Network and Internet” option.
- Go to the “Change Connection Properties” option.
- Go to “Metered connection” and turn the selection to “OFF.”
- Disabling apps using high bandwidth: Many times, multiple apps may use high internet bandwidth on Windows 10. Some of the best ways to disable apps using high bandwidth are:
- Go to the “Settings” app.
- Go to “Network and Internet.”
- Go to “Data Usage” and select “View usage per app.”
- Check the usage details and disable apps using high internet bandwidth.
- Deleting temporary files:
Windows 10 creates multiple temporary files that may slow down internet speeds on the system. Hence, deleting these temporary files may help in increasing internet speeds on Windows 10. The quick steps for the same are:
- Open “Run” by clicking “Windows + R” simultaneously.
- Type “%temp%” in the “Open” window.
- Click all files appearing in the temporary folder and go for deleting all these files.
- Go to Recycle Bin and empty it to permanently delete the temporary files.
- Upgrading existing internet plans: Many times, the simple way to increase internet speed on Windows 10 is to change your internet plan. It is easy to find the best match according to daily data quota and internet speeds. After changing the plan according to your internet speeds, you can reboot the system to enjoy faster uploading and downloading speeds.
- Changing Wi-Fi passwords: Wi-Fi passwords are often prone to hacking, which leads to the unauthorized use of your internet. Multiple devices using single Wi-Fi may lead to slow download and upload speeds. Hence, one of the best ways to increase internet speed on Windows 10 is to change your Wi-Fi password. It is ideal to go for some strong passwords involving alphabets, numbers, and symbols.
- Changing bandwidth limits: The bandwidth limits of Windows 10 define the use of an internet connection while downloading multiple updates. It is easy to change this internet bandwidth limits in the following ways:
- Go to the “Settings” app.
- Go to “Update and Security.”
- Go to “Advanced options.”
- Find the “Delivery Optimization” and go to “Advanced options.”
- Go to “Download Settings” and “Upload Settings” to find the ideal bandwidths.
- Using another web browser: Sometimes, the web browser is the main cause of the slow internet speeds on your Windows 10 system. The best step in such cases is to switch to another web browser if the regular one is facing speed challenges. Using a couple of web browsers can help you get to the best high-performing web browser for your Windows 10 needs. This is due to the issue that many browsers are not optimized for ensuring high-speed internet.
- Using Download Manager Program:
Windows 10 uses default tools to download files on the system. Hence, these tools are the deciding factor for internet downloads. Switching to the Download Manager Program can significantly improve internet speeds. The secret of their success is multi-threading, which enables quick downloading speeds. Like, Download Manager Program, upload tools can be used to increase uploading speeds.
After having a look at all the methods mentioned above, it can be safely concluded that it is easy and quick to speed up the internet on your Windows 10 system. Hence, no more issues in uploading, downloading, or internet surfing when you can optimize the internet connection speeds. You can go for some technical steps like changing the Windows 10 bandwidth, managing background apps, removing malware, or simply upgrading your internet plans.
Google Chrome is the most popular, clean, and fast web browser of all time. On the top, several Google Chrome extensions are available to improve your browsing experience. Using the Chrome extensions, you can perform multiple operations without downloading a full program like password storage, control mouse gestures, run antivirus scans, and more. However, downloading […]
People use their Mac devices for various reasons, one of the most prominent ones being for browsing purposes. However, after visiting any website on the device, the browser version stores cache and other records of the query in the system. This affects the performance of the system as the excess records can lag the disk […]
Videos are one of the most popular media types among consumers currently, for posting promotional or informative content. This is why YouTube has one of the biggest user-bases currently, and people search for tools to easily download these files. However, YouTube features a strong algorithm and legal guidelines that stop people from downloading or using […]
ONLYOFFICE delivers the newest Docs v.7.0 with additional features, new upgrades, and a host of revisions for professional collaboration uses. (21 January, 2022)- Having a high-quality feature-rich office suite invigorates the productivity rate of companies, professionals, and even homeowners. ONLYOFFICE developers have therefore come up with the latest version of the DOCS online office suite. […]
Ever since WhatsApp launched its own Status feature, people are loving it. As we can add interesting images and videos to our WhatsApp Status to show it to others and also watch others’ status. But the problem often faced by the users is that WhatsApp does not have a Status saver option. So what do […]
It’s no secret that Covid-19 caught numerous businesses off guard in 2020, forcing employers to rapidly transition their staff from working on location to working remotely from home. Along with that transition will come the cybersecurity risks. Did you know that your company’s information can unintentionally be put at risk by you and your employees […]
For the continued safety of the digital system and files, many people download a third-party antivirus program into their device. These keep the system safe from security issues after an intricate scanning process. Windows devices can install options like Norton, Avast, or AVG for quick and efficient malware/virus detection. In many cases, the tag FileRepMalware […]
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is expanding very quickly in the entire IT business. SaaS models are the first preferences of many enterprises because of their flexibility, cost-effectiveness and subscription-based model. In the pandemic, companies required the cloud network; thus, SaaS has only got growth and will be growing. Gartner and BMC have given highly optimized reports, according […]
In 2020, Apple’s M1 chip debuted and blew us all away with how much it improved performance and efficiency in the MacBook Air M1, Mac Mini M1, and MacBook Pro M1. Mac users were still on the M1 performance hangover when Apple launched M1 Pro and M1 Max with better performance promise. Both chips are […]
The ability to expand your product abroad requires software localization. Machine translators or proxy services can provide you with a surface level translation of your content, but this will not be nearly enough to make your product culturally appropriate or authentic in new markets. It’s also not a long-term answer if you want to expand […]