How to Fix Overscan in Windows 10 — Quick 10 Solutions
Imagine you are all set for a family movie night. But when you connect your TV to your laptop to broadcast a movie on a bigger screen, it doesn’t fit your TV screen. All you could see is the movie taking up a smaller area on your TV, and the rest of the screen is plain black space.
Guys, this is an Overscreen issue. Mostly, your monitors, TV screens, and all Windows 10 devices can auto-detect display settings and resolutions. Sometimes, simple miscommunication between Windows 10 PC and other connected display devices can cause an overscan problem.
To be honest, Windows 10 overscan isn’t a big issue. With a little tweak here and there, you can fix overscan Windows 10. For your ease, the TC team has found ten ways to fix overscan Windows 10. So, let’s dig into how to fix the overscan Windows 10 guide now!
How to Fix Overscan Windows 10
Whether your TV or Windows 10 device is causing the overscan issue, you can try the following ten methods to fix overscan:
1. Fix Overscan on Windows 10 by Changing the Screen Resolution
Once you have connected your laptop to your TV screen, you should experiment with different screen resolutions to adjust the screen. To tweak with Windows 10 screen resolution, go to:
- Control Panel from the Start Menu or using Win+X keyboard shortcut.
- Click open the Appearance and Personalisation.
- Select Display and then click on the Change Display Settings. Also, select the Advanced Display Settings link.
- From the drop-down menu next to Resolution, select a different resolution setting.
- Once you find the preferred screen resolution, click to Apply.
2. Fix Overscan Windows 10 by Adjusting Display Scaling
If the resolution setting change didn’t work for you, the next step is to check out Windows 10 display scaling. Almost every desktop over scaling issues can be fixed by:
- Go to Start Menu > Settings > System > Display.
- Under the Scale and Layout section, look for the Change the size of text, apps, and other items. Here, you can select different options like 125% or 150% to increase the display items scale.
- To customize the display scale size, you can select the Advanced scaling settings.
3. Fix Overscan Windows 10 Using the Intel Graphics Control Panel
If you have a traditional Windows 10 PC running on an Intel CPU, you can use the Intel Graphics Control Panel to fix overscan on Windows 10. You can experiment with numerous options until you get a desirable screen preview, such as:
- Open the Windows search box and enter Intel. You can press CTRL+ALT+F12 keys to launch the Intel Graphics Control Panel.
- On the Intel Graphics Control Panel screen, you have multiple options to adjust your screen size.
4. Fix Overscan Windows 10 with the Nvidia Control Panel
If you aren’t an Intel CPU user, you will probably be the Nvidia CPU user. In that case, you have to modify Nvidia Control Panel settings to solve the overscan problem. To do so:
- Open the Windows search box and type Nvidia in it.
- Click on the Display and Adjust desktop size and position.
- Check off the Enable desktop resizing option and then select Resize while connected to the monitor.
5. Fix Overscan Windows 10 by Calibrating your Monitor
To fix various display issues, Windows 10 comes with a built-in calibration tool. There’s always the option to use third-party calibration tools too. If you want to move ahead with Windows 10 calibration tool, you simply have to:
- Open the Windows 10 Settings and then System.
- Select the Display tab, scroll down to the Advanced display settings.
- Click open the Display adapter properties for the display that you want to calibrate.
- Go to the Color Management > Advanced > Calibrate Display.
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the calibration process.
6. Fix Overscan Windows 10 by Updating OS
Updating Windows 10 OS can almost fix all the bugs-related issues. So, if your overscan issue has something to do with outdated OS and bugs, you gotta update your system. You can check system updates from:
- Open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Click on Check for updates to find new Windows 10 updates for your PC.
- If there’s an update available for you, download and install it immediately. It might take some time to update OS, so be patient.
7. Fix Overscan Windows 10 by Updating Drivers
Another way to squash bugs and glitches in Windows 10 is by updating the system drivers. If your monitors and display adapter drivers are outdated or unreliable, you need to fix them.
To update drivers, you can opt for a straight manual method. However, locating an outdated driver, finding the latest one, and updating it could be a slightly technical and time-consuming task. Therefore, many people prefer to use automatic driver updater to ease their workload. There are plenty of different driver updates available in the market that you can select as per your requirements.
For this guide, we will show you how to update drivers using AVG Driver Updater:
- You can quickly download AVG Driver Updater online. If you already have a tool downloaded on your system, launch it.
- Click on the Scan Drivers.
- Now, AVG Driver Updater will scan your entire system and detect outdated drivers.
- Select the monitors and display adapter if it is on the list.
- Click Update Selected, and the software will automatically update the driver for you.
8. Fix Overscan Windows 10 Using Registry
If you have full confidence in your technical abilities, you can adjust Registry settings to fix the overscan Windows 10 problem. Remember one thing, tweaking with Registry can cause irrecoverable damage to your PC, so be cautious. You can follow these steps to safely edit Registry on your computer:
- Click on the Start button, write regedit and enter.
- On the Registry Editor, follow this path — HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video
- Here, you will see a few Registry keys. Expand all the keys and look for keys that have 0000 and 0001, 0002, and video subkeys together.
- Take 0000 0001 and 0002 keys backup.
- Choose 0000 key and search HDMI resolution in the right pane.
- Now, select the key that is matching your resolution, right click and select Modify binary data.
- Change all binary values to zero and click OK. Do the same with 0001 and 0002 subkeys and change binary data to zero.
- Next, go to Settings > System > Advanced display settings.
- From the Resolution drop-down menu, first, change resolution other than 1920×1080 and then change back again. Now, when you start TV, the overscan problem won’t annoy you.
9. Fix Overscan Windows 10 from Monitor’s or TV’s Settings
You can tweak your monitor’s and TV’s display settings to resize the screen. For every TV and monitor brand, the display settings menu functions differently. So, you should go through your device’s manual before adjusting the display settings.
10. Fix Overscan Windows 10 with HDMI Cable
You can always use good old disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable method to fix overscan on Windows 10. Sometimes, when the HDMI cable isn’t properly plugged in, it can disturb the connection between your TV and computer. So, recheck the HDMI cable connection to fix the problem. Also, try to use a different HDMI cable to connect display devices.
After exploring ten awesome ways to fix overscan Windows 10, you can now easily save your family movie night. Overscan is a simple problem that can bug you anytime, so always remember these solutions. For more guides like this, keep on following us, and don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments!
Due to recent events, the way people meet and greet has totally changed. Now, you no longer find dates or make friends in social gatherings or via mutual friends. Today, everything is virtual — from work to making new friends. Therefore, virtual dating and chat apps are getting highly popular these days. Among all the […]
Do you have a genuine reason to hack someone’s Instagram password? For instance, you want to keep an eye on your teen’s Instagram activities; your friend has forgotten his or her IG password or something else. Here if you have a legitimate reason to hack Instagram password, there are numerous legal Instagram password cracker tools […]
If you are wondering that augmented reality-based applications are still very far in the future, you are wrong. Today, AR-oriented websites and mobile applications are being developed rapidly; just look at the Apple 12 or EaseUS MobiMover websites to check mind-blowing AR effects. Additionally, users are nowadays looking for more realistic and personalized experiences from […]
Whether you want to follow the latest trends or wish to engage with your Instagram followers, IG Reels can help you with everything. But what if Instagram Reels are not working for you? Sounds scary! But it is possible. Despite Instagram being one of the most popular photos sharing platforms, it still faces numerous technical […]
Wireless earbuds are hot items these days, especially after Apple’s AirPods popularity. Now, to stimulate the wireless connectivity industry, xFyro has also introduced new ANC earbuds. The company claims to develop fully waterproof, 8-hour long battery life and superior HD sound quality powered with AI-technology earbuds. The product seems amazing from the company’s briefing, but […]
We’d like to welcome you to The Elder Scrolls Online’s Nightblade leveling guide! The build is intended to assist anyone who is upgrading a Nightblade in order to become a Magicka damage dealer. This isn’t a typical “leveling procedure,” but rather a structure that shows some of the most common constructions for this role. This […]
Apple TV is one of the finest streaming devices available, supporting SD, HD, and 4K resolutions. But why should you get it? Let’s find out! Apple just upgraded the Apple TV 4K, which means you can now view models from 2017 and 2021. But what is the difference and is it worthwhile to upgrade from […]
If one thing associated with Covid-19 outbreak that made life easier for people is evolution in video & digital platforms. Working and studying from home has seen a surge in demand for more quality videos. Recorded lectures, presentations, and other forms of video content are easily available now in HD quality, thanks to video editing […]
Subtitles have established a track record as significant parts of videos. In addition to several benefits, they keep viewers comprehensively immersed in videos. While subtitles pilot viewers who can grasp the audio of a video, captions are regrettably different. Regardless, subtitles dictate an all-around video experience for all audio-visual audiences. But how can you perform […]
Are you bad at managing finances? Do you often overspend your monthly budget? Then, no need to worry! As you can appoint a personal financial advisor to help you out. No, you don’t need to spend thousands on hiring a financial advisor. Simply open your smartphone and download the best personal finance apps on it. […]
Many Mac users encounter the problem of disk space shortage sooner or later. But, how exactly does space run low on Mac devices? Take a look at the visual representation of disk storage space on your Mac. You’ll see a bar with several differently colored sections notifying you what portion of memory is occupied by […]
Do you want to get more likes, comments, and reshares on your social media posts? Then, simply create memes! That’s because everyone loves to laugh and have a bit of fun on social media. Plus, people remember sarcastic and realistic posts better than promotional or serious posts. Additionally, you don’t need to hire a professional […]
Digital marketing, or the modern version of marketing, is much different from the traditional methods. Unlike the latter, the former saves both time and money. And in conjunction with modern tools such as VPNs, it transcends geographical boundaries and expectations to deliver the best results. For instance, you can reach out to your audience in […]
We love to make videos and advanced editing features of the best video editor software make it easier to save those precious moments in the most beautiful way. These smart video maker & editor tools help you perform numerous tasks effortlessly. If you’re in the search of the best video maker tool, then you should […]
Do you want to learn to code? Then, it’s pretty easy to do today. You simply need to find the right coding learning apps, and you can learn to code in the convenience of your home. Today, with the online studying concept, many new online learning platforms are coming into the limelight. If you just […]