How to Block YouTube Channels
With more than 122 million users accessing YouTube daily, the video streaming service has been an undisputed winner. However, every once in a while, a YouTube channel posts inappropriate content or something you might not like. If you understand what we are saying, we are sailing in the same boat.
In this post, we will discuss how to block YouTube channels.
Best Ways to Block YouTube Channels
Blocking YouTube Channel from Feed
If you don’t want to get recommendations from a specific channel in your YouTube feed, this method works for you. Here we will discuss how to block YourChannel from the web & phone.
Note: The changes made to YouTube using the following methods will reflect on your device where the same YouTube (Google) account is used.
Blocking YouTube Channel Web
To get started, follow the steps below:
- In your web browser, open the YouTube site you wish to block
- Search for the video you want to back.
- Next, hover over the video, click the three-dot menu, and select the Don’t Recommend channel.
Once the channel is blocked, you cannot unblock it individually. You can do this only when you are okay unblocking all blocked YouTube channels.
This is how you can stop unwanted YouTube channels from showing recommended videos in the feed section.
Writer’s Tip: If a channel is mistakenly blocked, you can click the “Undo” option that appears soon after the YouTube channel is blocked.
Blocking YouTube Channel Phone
To block YouTube Channel when using YouTube on either Android, iPhone, or iPad, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube app on your device.
- Search for the video you would like to block.
- Tap the three-dot menu next to the video title.
- Select “Don’t Recommend Channel” from the menu that appears.
- The steps will block selected YouTube channels.
Block YouTube Channels to stop commenting
If you want to stop comments from being posted on the uploaded videos, follow the steps below:
Note: If you block the YouTube channels this way, you can unblock the channel without unblocking the other blocked YouTube channels.
Block YouTube Channel Via Web
To stop YouTube channels from commenting on your videos, follow these steps:
- Open YouTube in your web browser.
- Search for the YouTube channel you would like to block.
- Click the About section on the right side > select the flag icon.
4. Select Block User from the menu > Submit.
5. The selected YouTube channel will now be blocked from commenting on your videos.
How to unblock the channel?
To unblock a channel click the About section > flag icon > Unblock User > Submit.
Block YouTube Channel Via Phone
To block YouTube channel, follow these steps:
- Launch the YouTube app on your device.
- Search for the YouTube channel you want to block.
- Tap the channel you wish to block > tap the three-dots at the top of the right corner.
- Select Block user > confirm the action by tapping Block.
- The selected channel will now be blocked.
How to unblock the blocked channel?
To unblock the channel tap the three dots > Unblock User > Unblock.
Blocking YouTube Channel on a Firestick
Though Firestick doesn’t give a straightforward option to block YouTube channels, you can enable Pin code on Firestick to block YouTube channels with inappropriate content.
Here’s how to enable Pin code in the YouTube app:
- Open your web browser and sign in to your Amazon account.
- Navigate to the “Accounts and Lists” tab.
3. Scroll down to “Your Account” > “Digital Content and Devices” > “Your Apps.”
4. Look for YouTube on the list of the apps > hit the Actions button.
5. Select “Delete This App” > confirm the action by again pressing the Delete button.
6. Go to your Firestick > look for settings > Applications.
7. Enter the Pin code > Manage Installed Applications.
8. Click on the YouTube app > Uninstall option > confirm the action by clicking Uninstall.
9. Go back to the settings > My Account.
10. Select Sync Amazon Content > wait for the process to finish and apply changes.
Now, whenever you click on YouTube from Firestick & try downloading it, you will be asked to enter the PIN code.
That’s it; you have not unblocked the blocked YouTube channel.
Introduction People interested in creating video-based content can use many apps for their work. Some are useful, a few for editing, while others provide specialized functions like teleprompting, etc., all of which contribute to making engaging videos. For example, EaseUS RecExperts is a good choice for recording diverse videos for streaming sites and other platforms. […]
Introduction YouTube is one of the most well-liked and popular platforms, and many users post their videos easily. However, one must edit the videos well for better engagement with viewers and increase the follower base. Here, using the best editing software for YouTube is important. To note, there are multiple options available, some with standard […]
Introduction Nowadays, traveling from one location to another is very easy to handle, with multiple modes of travel available to people. One can take the road or sea route or fly safely via airplane to their destination. However, ensuring that the trip goes without any issues can sometimes become challenging, or even knowing the progress […]
Introduction Windows operating systems come with many high-quality software configurations, some pre-built for Windows OS while some not. One notable software is Android Studio, which is highly related to Android app development. It comes equipped with many tools and features necessary for creating robust Android apps. You can download and do Android Studio setup in […]
Introduction Windows offers a wide range of highly functional features in each of its versions, like the Snipping Tool. With this application, one can capture and save screenshots on Windows 11/10 and even edit them easily. However, this tool is not always stable. Some issues can affect its functionality, like damaged system files, outdated Windows […]
Introduction No matter what type of content creator one is, protecting their work is a priority for all. With apps like EaseUS Todo Backup, it is possible to safely store one’s files like images. However, that does not protect the pictures from getting shared online without the creator’s express permission. Thus, many people want to […]
Introduction Many platforms require password verification to access the site, like Gmail. While this site is relatively safe to use and comes with strong password protection support, some users can have privacy concerns. Another problem that prompts users to reset passwords is if they forgot your password email. In the context of security, you can […]
Introduction Do you want to be a Ruby programmer? It is hard to find a coding language that you want to make your forte nowadays. Maybe you have stumbled across Ruby, maybe you have worked with Ruby before. Here is a guide for you to become a certified Ruby programmer! There are a few certifications […]
Introduction With a vast library of eclectic video content, high-quality resolution, and free video streaming benefits, YouTube is highly popular globally. However, some users can notice problems in functionality while operating the app. One prominent one is the audio renderer error Windows 10/11 message that comes up due to certain functional defects. Typically, this prompt […]
Introduction Windows 11 has many strong features and tools that focus on ensuring strong OS performance. However, like others, it is not always safe from certain system issues, like bad drivers, malware problems, or bug-based errors. At this point, you can use third-party software like IObit Driver Booster to fix specific problems like defective drivers. […]