How are Search Engines a Risk to Privacy
Can you imagine your life without the internet? Well, it’s quite difficult to manage our daily life without the internet, since it has become an important aspect in our daily lives. When it comes to the web, it’s safe to say that search engines play a very important role. Almost all of us use search engines every other day. Through various search engines such as Google, Bing, and many others, we get information we want. Now, people are even educating themselves about pretty much everything through these services. But, do you know that there’s a privacy threat when you use these services?
3 ways that your Privacy Could be at Risk when using Search Engines
Search Engines are the doorways to the vast internet, since most of us come to know about many websites through them. But, you got to be careful while using them.
- Exposure to Malware-embedded websites: Usually, many people blindly trust the websites they find through these search services. But, there are several websites out there that are infected with malware, virus, and other types of harmful elements. When we carelessly browse through such websites, there is a high probability of your device getting infected. These harmful components may steal your data and sometimes use it against you. Ransomware attacks are perfect examples for this phenomenon.
Read Also: Best Android Security Features
- Data Leaks: Many people are not really careful while submitting their information to search services or any other websites. Sometimes, you data may fall into the wrong hands and you can’t really do much when it happens. Data theft is a major cyber security issue. Your sensitive and confidential information could be posted on the online black markets as well.
- Redirection to phishing sites: One of the most-used hacking attack techniques is none other than the Phishing. Usually, hackers redirect you from a normal website to phishing websites through cloaking. If you’re not careful enough, you can easily get hacked. Then, your online account, including your private information will be accessible for the hackers.
How to use Search Engines Safely?
It’s not some rocket science to learn how to search safely and responsibly. Here are a few tips for you:
- Use Reputed Search Engines: There are many malicious websites out there, disguising themselves as a genuine search website. Avoid them at any cost. Only use well-known services such as Google, Bing, and similar others.
- Make use of Encryption: Many search engines now offer encrypted search modules. Since, encryption is a more secure way to operate online, try to go with the website that offers encrypted services.
- Remove Cookies periodically: Cookies track all of your activity with that particular website. So, in some cases, it could pose a serious threat to your privacy. It’s better to delete these temporary files regularly. You can do it either manually or by using any reputed cleaner software.
- Use a VPN: Virtual Private Network masks your IP address and protects your identity. By doing so, they also lets you hide your important information such as your location. So, get a reliable VPN and start using it while accessing internet.
- Be Cautious with your searches: Never use search terms that include your confidential details such as card details, ID number, or any other similar stuff. If such information falls into the wrong hands, it could lead to a disastrous end.
- Stop using Public Networks: When you search for something while using a public WiFi network, it’s usually much easier for someone to track your usage. Many malware attacks are conducted via public networks.
These are very simple yet effective steps that you could take to protect your privacy while using search engines. By now, you may have gotten a clear understanding on how search websites could be a risk to your privacy and how to handle the situation effectively. It’s now time for you to take these precautionary measures and secure your privacy. Feel free to comment below, if you’ve got anything to say about this topic.
When your Windows 10 won’t stop troubling you, it’s time to wipe out the hard drive and have a fresh start. You can quickly reinstall Windows 10 to eliminate apps, startup, shut down, and performance issues. Additionally, if you are getting a new computer or replacing a hard drive, it’s good to have a clean […]
Drivers on Mac! Many computer users have rarely ever heard the two terms together. That’s because drivers are mostly associated with Windows PCs, not Mac. To be honest, macOS doesn’t actually require driver software to support hardware functions. Mac gadgets have built-in solutions to integrate with hardware, so no need to install third-party driver software. […]
Yoga has incredible physical and mental health benefits. That you already know! So, let’s not talk about that and discuss how you can do yoga anytime and anywhere? With the best yoga apps, you can perform relaxing yoga asanas whenever you have free time. You can simply open a yoga app on your phone or […]
VPNs mask your internet protocol (IP) address so your online actions are virtually untraceable. – Norton It creates an encrypted tunnel for your data, protects your online identity by hiding your IP address. – NordVPN VPN is an online multi-purpose privacy service that allows you to establish a secure and private connection to another network without […]
Can’t download the latest iOS or iPadOS update on your device? Do you always get a Full Storage message whenever you try to install a new app or click a picture on your device? Then, ladies and gentlemen, it is a clear indication that you have to clear cache and free up storage space on […]
Losing your Instagram pics due to accidental deletion or careless usage of the app can be very frustrating. Especially if it happens to be your favorite photo with the most likes and comments. But you don’t have to worry because there are many ways through which you can recover deleted Instagram photos with ease. In […]
Stop Searching on Google what to eat, watch or drink. Start searching with Friendspire. Everyone loves foods, drinks, movies, TV shows, but are you, everyone? You’re not! You don’t just love these things you want to watch, eat, drink, read and listen to the best, right? So, what do you do to accomplish this? Like […]
Most email tracking software only tells you whether an email is opened or not. Whereas they should tell you why a person opened your email and how ready he or she is to become your customer. In the marketing funnel, emails play a king-size role. Therefore, you need an email tracker that answers — when […]
Video games are only for boys! Do you also think that? Well, no, digital games are for everyone — whether you want to kill monsters or dress up a Barbie. Today, girls can have all the gaming fun; they can cook, dress up, do makeup, and so much more. If you want to relive your […]
What do you eat? How do you eat? When do you eat? — directly reflects on how you feel or look. Today, planning your diet isn’t a cosmetic luxury; it is a way to lead a healthy life. But, it is easier to say than to do. When you have your favorite sugar-loaded dessert calling […]
Mobile Learning combined with the internet is becoming increasingly popular nowadays because it is one of the most successful programs developed by technical inventors in the times of COVID-19. People are more attracted to multimedia platforms than they were to the traditional learning system. In addition to this, e-learning offers much more advanced learning than […]
The long-awaited, iOS 14.5 is officially released for all users and this update comes with a vast list of features. The most prominent among them are: Apple Watch iPhone unlock. AirTags App Tracking Over 200 new emoji New Siri Voices and more. Here’s what you need to do to download and install iOS 14.5 and […]
Are you a hardcore reader? Then, you definitely want to use every minute of the day to unveil a new story. With audiobook apps, you can get that opportunity. Whether you are driving, walking, or working out in a gym, your audiobook app can supply unlimited stories to you. For our busy readers, the TC […]
Digital marketing utilizes the internet, cell phones, web-based media, web indexes, and various channels to reach out to their customers. Some advertising experts consider digital marketing to be a completely new venture that requires a different method of moving customers and better ways to see how customers move forward with traditional promotions. Relativity with Digital […]
Instagram marketing is how different brands mainly use Instagram to connect with their target audiences and market their products. This method has mainly gained popularity as an exciting method for brands to showcase their culture, engage with their customers, and show off their products in a new light. Steps to be used in creating the […]