Cubbit – Storage beyond Clouds
It is estimated that by the end of 2020, there will be approximately 50 billion high powered computers connected over the internet. This means that by the end of 2020 there will be around 40 trillion gigabytes of data on the internet. Cloud storage will be an expensive and limited option to handle that large amount of data.
Introducing, Cubbit – a high tech startup founded in 2016 which has borrowed the ingenious storage ideas of bees and designed Cubbit Cells – using the architectural structure of hives to overcome storage issues.
With the increase in the size of data, users have to encounter with numerous storage pains, including –
- Expensive Cloud Storage – To accommodate ever-expanding data, users can pay for premium storage space, which will offer 1-2 TB space for around £5-15 per month. It ends up being quite expensive, if users run out of monthly space, they have to pay even more to upgrade it.
- Privacy Concerns – Privacy breach is a common issue with cloud storage providers. For example, Google photos offer free unlimited space to store pictures, but in exchange, Google runs algorithms on your photographs for advertising purposes. Many other free cloud storage services providers follow the same path or demand insanely high rates for premium privacy features. Thus, privacy is a big cloud concern.
- Local Storage Issues – Apart from cloud storage, some users prefer to adopt local storage systems such as home servers, personal clouds, NAS, and hard drives. This solution further arouses the issues of hefty monthly bills, no offsite backup, hard to operate, data loss, and restricted remote access.
Problems Addressed by Cubbit
Cubbit comes as a data savior. It is a compact and lifelong solution to heal all the storage pains with an array of services –
- Free Cloud Storage – Once you have ordered a Cubbit Cell, you will receive lifelong free cloud storage. Whether you want 512 GB or 1 TB of monthly space, you don’t have to pay one extra dime.
- Shielded Privacy – Cubbit’s zero-knowledge architecture technology has made it impossible for anyone else to access your files without your permission. With the military-grade protocol, Cubbit splits your data into numerous encrypted chunks and safely scatters it over its peer-to-peer network. The privacy structure is so shielded that not even Cubbit access your files.
- Highly Expandable – With your data, a Cubbit Cell can also grow. You can instantly connect it with your router for 1TB cloud storage. However, if you need more space, plug in external storage devices through the USB and expand your storage space up to a 4TB. To expand it even further, you can connect it with other Cubbit Cells to the same account.
- Multiple Users – Up to 4 independent cloud accounts can connect with one Cell. Each account will get dedicated space on the Cloud.
- Damage Resistance – Whether your Cell disconnects, there’s a blackout, or it gets damaged, your data will remain 100% safe and accessible from anywhere.
- Speedy Cell – Due to the unique distributed network, it is the fastest cloud storage system available.
- Green Solution – With the two unique approaches – storage consumption and transfer consumption, Cubbit claims to save 1 ton of CO2 every year for each 10 TB.
Features of Cubbit
Cubbit has some astounding set of features that you might have never seen before in any other storage device –
- Unlimited Free Space – With each Cubbit Cell, you will get 512 GB of cloud space that can be expanded up to 4TB via USB. Plus, four independent accounts can be created.
- Encrypted Security – Cubbit encrypts each file with AES-256 and splits into several chunks to distribute across the network through end-to-end encryption. Not even Cubbit can access your files.
- Fault Resistance – Cubbit Cell never loses your files. Whether your Cell goes offline due to hardware failure, power failure, or natural disasters, your data always remains safe to access from anywhere.
- Remote Access – It can automatically backup and sync within the network of Cubbit Cells. It allows you to access your device from anywhere and share it with anyone.
Cubbit Work Cycle
Cubbit Cells work on the simple principle of The Swarm. It can turn any hard drive or USB into a free cloud storage space. You have to connect the Cell with your internet connection, and you will instantly get 1 GB of cloud storage for every 2 GB you attach to the device. In layman’s terms, your simple hard drive becomes a cloud storage unit. It means you can access your files from anywhere without carrying your hard drives. Cubbit’s user experience is quite similar to Dropbox which enables you to share your files with anyone.
Even if the attached hard drive breaks down or gets tampered, you won’t lose your data due to the unique distribution system opted for by Cubbit. Your data is divided into small redundant chunks and stored over different cells. Thus, if anything happens to your Cell or hard drive, your data will be backed up over a vast network.
However, although data is scattered over several user Cells, you are the only one who can access the files. That’s because each file is encrypted before being distributed over the network, and only you have the key to decrypt the file. Cubbit, nor anyone else can access your files without your permission.
What Makes Cubbit Unique from Current Storage Solutions?
Cubbit has direct competition with a number of software and hardware storage solutions, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Nextcloud, MyCloud, and others. But, Cubbit has a competitive edge over most of the popular storage solutions because –
- It is a lifelong free solution.
- It comes with zero-knowledge encryption.
- Expandable cloud storage via external hard drives.
- Instant link uploading.
- It is only green data centers.
- Reliable and fast storage solution
- 10x greener than data center
- Expandable cloud storage space
- Completely free
- It will take some time to become free, once the initial cost of $350 covers up
Cubbit is the next step in the digital storage revolution. After cloud storage, Cubbit is the next revolutionary technology that will adhere to the current storage needs. To achieve the future demand for fast and reliable internet, Cubbit can become a game-changer. It is a very new and exciting technology, which is still in the development process. So, it would be indeed interesting to see the future achievements of Cubbit.
A New Immersive Experience: Apple Vision Pro Complete Review
Introduction: Are you ready to step into the future with Apple’s most groundbreaking creation to date—the Apple Vision Pro? Unveiled on June 6, 2023, at the WWDC 2023 conference, this mixed reality headset marks a pivotal moment as Apple steps into the world of spatial computing. Brace yourself for an unparalleled immersive journey as we […]
How to Fix PDF Not Opening in Chrome Browser
Introduction: Is PDF not opening in Chrome? We’ve got you covered. PDF (Portable Document Format) files have become an essential part of our lives, allowing us to easily share and access documents across different platforms. However, encountering issues with PDF files not opening in the Chrome browser can be incredibly frustrating, hindering our productivity and […]
How to Protect Your Electronics From Power Outages
Introduction: Our heavy reliance on electronics has become increasingly profound. From smartphones and laptops to home entertainment systems and valuable appliances, these devices play an indispensable role in our daily lives. However, the vulnerability of these electronics to unexpected power outages can lead to costly damages and data loss. Whether you live in an area […]
10 Best Screen Sharing Apps for iOS and Android
Introduction: Screen sharing has become crucial for seamless interaction in today’s interconnected world. With remote work, project collaborations, and staying connected being our everyday essentials, screen-sharing apps have evolved to meet our on-the-go needs, aligning perfectly with our constant companions. Well, you guessed it right, our smartphones and tablets. In this blog post, we have […]
How to Format an External Storage Device in macOS
Introduction: Are you ready to supercharge your Mac’s capabilities by connecting an external hard drive? Well, before you can embark on this storage adventure, there’s an important task at hand: formatting your external hard drive to work seamlessly with your Mac. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this comprehensive blog post, we’ll walk you […]
How to Install and Use PuTTY for Mac
Introduction: In the realm of remote server management and secure network communication, PuTTY has earned a reputation as a reliable and versatile tool. Originally designed for Windows, PuTTY has expanded its reach to include other operating systems, including macOS, to cater to the needs of a wider user base. Hence, if you’re a Mac user […]
How to Fix Black Screen at Boot on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Whether as an individual or a professional, we are all strictly reliant on technology in some or the other way. And amidst this, encountering frustrating issues like a black screen at boot hits us like a roadblock. The black screen boot issue can affect both laptops and desktop computers running various versions of Windows. […]
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]