10 Best Android Security Features You Should Enable Right Now
Smartphones have become an integral part of our daily lives. Every day we use them for different types of things such as reading news, texting, calling, paying bills, entertainment, and many others. But, using a smartphone also comes with a vulnerability. If you’re not vigilant enough, cyber attackers can easily steal your data. They can hack your online accounts and cause serious information damage. In order to avoid such instances, you should educate yourself about the right way of using your Android. One of the main elements of a good smartphone usage is simply tightening the security settings. While, you may have already enabled the obvious features, there are still some hidden or unpopular security features that you should enable immediately on your Android device.
Top 10 Android Security Features to Enable
Here’s a look at the security settings that you should enable to strengthen the security of your Android:
- Make use of Google Play Protect: As an in-built feature of Android, Google Play Protect keeps track of all the apps in your smartphone. This feature, if enabled, alerts you of any type of suspicious activity by any app. So, make sure that enable this feature to safeguard yourself from any malicious app that you may have installed in your Android.
Read Also: Biggest Cybersecurity Threats of 2018
- Enable Smart Lock: Many people don’t use security lock features due to the need of entering a password whenever they want to unlock their device. Such silly decisions may prove to be costly in the long run. So, as a better alternative, Smart Lock can offer you great security level along with much-needed convenience. This feature makes sure that your Android device stays unlocked whenever you’re connected to a trusted device or in a trusted place.
- Chrome’s Safe Browsing: Most of us usually prefer Chrome as our default Android browser. But not many people use the Safe Browsing feature of it. If you enable this security feature, it will intimate you whenever you’re browsing a malicious website. By doing so, you can avoid any type of possible cyber attacks.
- Enable 2FA: Since your Android device is connected with a Google account, it’s very important to take care of its security. Two-factor Authentication should be enabled in this case, as it provides an extra layer of security to your Google account, thus protecting your Android as well.
- Review App Permissions: Until a few months ago, the commoners are not really bothered about granting information access to the apps they use. But, after the recent Facebook data leak, everyone is now bothered about this aspect. In order to tighten your smartphone’s security, you should regularly review the app permissions. If you think that an app unnecessarily asks permissions to your personal info such as messages and calls, disable it.
- Limit your Lock Screen notifications: With Android, you can access notifications on your lock screen without unlocking your device. But, sometimes this feature may lead to astray, as anyone can see sensitive information by simply looking at your locked device. So, review and limit notifications that may contain confidential data from appearing on your lock screen.
- Pin your Screen: Many smartphone users are not aware of this Android feature called Screen Pinning. Well, have you ever handover your phone to a friend and regret it after they have gone through some of your sensitive information? Well, Screen pinning can help you in such situations. If enabled, this feature sticks an app to your screen. Until further authentication, nothing can be accessed except the pinned app.
- Encrypt your Phone: Android offers a feature called Encrypt Phone. By doing this, you can safeguard all your accounts, settings, apps, media, and other types of files. Even if someone manages to access your device, they simply can’t steal or access your information if it’s encrypted.
- Enable Find My Device: This Android feature allows you to lock and erase your smartphone, if lost. Many people don’t really bother about this feature until they lose their phone. So, don’t be that person and enable this feature, so that your information remains secure even if your device is lost.
- Use Biometrics: Passwords and Patterns are an old thing for your Android locking system. They can be predicted by someone if they look at your screen while unlocking. Many latest Android devices offer biometric unlocking via fingerprint and facial recognition. If your device offers such feature, switch to it.
Read Also: How to Protect Your iPhone From Thieves
Many of these above-mentioned Android security settings are often neglected by most of the people. But they usually regret doing so after a disastrous data theft or cyber attack. If you want to strengthen your Android’s security, make sure that enable all of these features. Along with these features, try to always monitor your device’s performance. Since most of the cyber attacks slow down the performance of your phone, you can detect it by auditing your device regularly.
The use of computerized innovation in the medical services area has changed significantly all through the world. Consolidating software with healthcare services is so useful to the clinical area that it resembles joining two of the most impressive energies into one. As displayed during this frightful pandemic, ongoing enhancements in healthcare software can assist with […]
If you have just upgraded your macOS Monterey 12 to find your Mac is also lagging, getting stuck, or running slow, you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss quick troubleshooting tips to get your Mac back on track. Before we get into details, let us try to understand the root of […]
Data is essential for all; be it a home user or professional, all want to keep their data safe. However, due to unforeseen situations, primarily due to human error, we lose important data. This is when data recovery tools come to play. Using them, you can get deleted or missing files back. But with so […]
Is Bluetooth on Windows 11 giving issues? You have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Windows 11 Bluetooth not working. Generally, the Bluetooth problems are caused due to some software issues, but they can also be related to hardware malfunctioning. Therefore, before we get into details, let […]
Are you facing connectivity issues? Follow these instructions to reset network settings on your Windows 11 and fix the connectivity problems. The network settings on the PC manages internet connectivity. However, in some cases, due to outdated network adapters and incompatible configuration issues like slow connection and dropped connection, no wireless connectivity occurs. If you […]
As the cybersecurity needs of users are growing, Bitdefender has come up with comprehensive Internet security software that is designed to keep you safe 24/7. Bitdefender Internet Security is a one-stop solution for all your security needs. We’ve got a chance to test this powerful tool and to check its compatibility with other security solutions […]
Is Microsoft’s digital assistant bothering you? Do you want to uninstall it? You’ve come to the right place; here, we will explain removing Cortana on Windows 11. Although Microsoft doesn’t give a straightforward way to uninstall it, there are still ways. Why Uninstall Cortana? It is not like Microsoft’s cloud-based digital assistant; Cortana takes too […]
Technology is advancing at an alarming rate, with most people jumping onto the new trend without fully understanding what these advancements entail or the consequences. It is also a widely known fact that many people do not read the terms and conditions of the new apps. So, the following seven apps will help you keep […]
Most students find it hard to write a comprehensive academic essay within the given timeframe. It becomes quite challenging and equally stressful to complete the assigned task, especially when the deadline is near. However, there are certainapps for writing essaysthat will help you deliver top-quality assignments. Best Essay Writing Apps to Improve Writing Skills There […]
Today’s security professionals have become familiar with the idea that every organization has an attack surface that describes its global exposure to threats against internal and cloud applications, devices, users, and data. The attack surface grows as greater connectivity, cloud applications and myriad new types of device are adopted as an organization expands its digital […]
Worldwide, more and more people are doing what they can to protect themselves and their data. Considering we live in a world that is so connected, with everything from work to our social lives and entertainment happening online, protection is a must. Staying safe online isn’t as difficult as you think either; it just requires […]
Finally, iOS 15 is now available to download, and it has brought many surprises along. The biggest iOS 15 surprise is that now Apple users can FaceTime with non-Apple users. Yep, you no longer need to use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to make video calls. Instead, Apple has allowed people to join a FaceTime call […]
We all want to secure our remote access for daily needs & projects. But how to get it done is a big question. Using a VPN this problem can be easily solved as it creates an encrypted tunnel to secure network connection. Acronym for Virtual Private Network (VPN) hides IP addresses allowing users to navigate […]
Are you looking for the best lead generation software? Then don’t look for the tool that can boost your sales or customer base. In fact, search for the tool that can integrate your CRM software for better KPIs and analytics. Lead capture software can do a lot more than improving your sales or traffic. It […]
Be it product branding or marketing; labels play a significant role in selling a product. In fact, the label helps to distinguish your products from others. Therefore, the designing and printing of your product label need to be perfect. And for this, we will talk about the best 5 label designing and printing software in […]