10 Best Android Security Features You Should Enable Right Now
Smartphones have become an integral part of our daily lives. Every day we use them for different types of things such as reading news, texting, calling, paying bills, entertainment, and many others. But, using a smartphone also comes with a vulnerability. If you’re not vigilant enough, cyber attackers can easily steal your data. They can hack your online accounts and cause serious information damage. In order to avoid such instances, you should educate yourself about the right way of using your Android. One of the main elements of a good smartphone usage is simply tightening the security settings. While, you may have already enabled the obvious features, there are still some hidden or unpopular security features that you should enable immediately on your Android device.
Top 10 Android Security Features to Enable
Here’s a look at the security settings that you should enable to strengthen the security of your Android:
- Make use of Google Play Protect: As an in-built feature of Android, Google Play Protect keeps track of all the apps in your smartphone. This feature, if enabled, alerts you of any type of suspicious activity by any app. So, make sure that enable this feature to safeguard yourself from any malicious app that you may have installed in your Android.
Read Also: Biggest Cybersecurity Threats of 2018
- Enable Smart Lock: Many people don’t use security lock features due to the need of entering a password whenever they want to unlock their device. Such silly decisions may prove to be costly in the long run. So, as a better alternative, Smart Lock can offer you great security level along with much-needed convenience. This feature makes sure that your Android device stays unlocked whenever you’re connected to a trusted device or in a trusted place.
- Chrome’s Safe Browsing: Most of us usually prefer Chrome as our default Android browser. But not many people use the Safe Browsing feature of it. If you enable this security feature, it will intimate you whenever you’re browsing a malicious website. By doing so, you can avoid any type of possible cyber attacks.
- Enable 2FA: Since your Android device is connected with a Google account, it’s very important to take care of its security. Two-factor Authentication should be enabled in this case, as it provides an extra layer of security to your Google account, thus protecting your Android as well.
- Review App Permissions: Until a few months ago, the commoners are not really bothered about granting information access to the apps they use. But, after the recent Facebook data leak, everyone is now bothered about this aspect. In order to tighten your smartphone’s security, you should regularly review the app permissions. If you think that an app unnecessarily asks permissions to your personal info such as messages and calls, disable it.
- Limit your Lock Screen notifications: With Android, you can access notifications on your lock screen without unlocking your device. But, sometimes this feature may lead to astray, as anyone can see sensitive information by simply looking at your locked device. So, review and limit notifications that may contain confidential data from appearing on your lock screen.
- Pin your Screen: Many smartphone users are not aware of this Android feature called Screen Pinning. Well, have you ever handover your phone to a friend and regret it after they have gone through some of your sensitive information? Well, Screen pinning can help you in such situations. If enabled, this feature sticks an app to your screen. Until further authentication, nothing can be accessed except the pinned app.
- Encrypt your Phone: Android offers a feature called Encrypt Phone. By doing this, you can safeguard all your accounts, settings, apps, media, and other types of files. Even if someone manages to access your device, they simply can’t steal or access your information if it’s encrypted.
- Enable Find My Device: This Android feature allows you to lock and erase your smartphone, if lost. Many people don’t really bother about this feature until they lose their phone. So, don’t be that person and enable this feature, so that your information remains secure even if your device is lost.
- Use Biometrics: Passwords and Patterns are an old thing for your Android locking system. They can be predicted by someone if they look at your screen while unlocking. Many latest Android devices offer biometric unlocking via fingerprint and facial recognition. If your device offers such feature, switch to it.
Read Also: How to Protect Your iPhone From Thieves
Many of these above-mentioned Android security settings are often neglected by most of the people. But they usually regret doing so after a disastrous data theft or cyber attack. If you want to strengthen your Android’s security, make sure that enable all of these features. Along with these features, try to always monitor your device’s performance. Since most of the cyber attacks slow down the performance of your phone, you can detect it by auditing your device regularly.
Want to access geo-restricted sites, but don’t want to get into the nitty-gritty of technicalities? You are in luck. ClearVPN is just the right VPN for you. Unlike other VPNs in the market, ClearVPN lets you choose the activity you wish to perform, not the server. This makes using both a VPN and staying secure […]
Of course, you’ve spent a lot of money for your new Mac, and we understand how it can be frustrating when you see it starts working slow or any other unusual things happen, like an unexpected crash of apps. What happened with the expensive device and how to stop and prevent this problem? In our […]
Human nature is defined as the constant struggle of man and woman to fulfill their immediate needs, wants, and desires. Once that list is achieved, we want more and in a consumer-dominated world, there is nothing better than that. You may be a fan of fast internet speeds, however, you would also need other perks […]
Identity theft – what is it and how to protect yourself? At a time when there is an unlimited amount of information available to the individual via the Internet, and the development of technology and the increasingly complex operation of the public and social life require the exchange of large quantities of data, the right […]
Blockchain technology has advanced significantly since the launch of cryptocurrency in 2008. Today, entrepreneurs in various industries have embraced its value and technological advantage, trying to appropriate it for advancing their competitive edge on the market. Besides, blockchain may open up new doors due to its dispersed and flexible nature, helping companies through transparency, privacy, […]
Are you contemplating software expansion? The complexity of programming necessitates the need for an expert programmer. While anyone can pass out as a developer, it will help if you research the leading destinations to outsource software development specialists. This article factors in everything you need to know when looking for a software developer. Factors to […]
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]