The best scanner apps for Android are designed to scan documents, PDFs, photos, PowerPoint presentations, and more. Once you have scanned it, you can share it with others or simply upload it to cloud servers. You can also keep a copy of it on your local device storage. Scanner apps for Android also help you convert files formats. Using these advanced apps, you needn’t to remember the business card details or remember long paragraphs from documents. Simply snap a picture of anything you want and access it later anytime anywhere.
Best Scanner Apps for Android
While there are lots of these apps available online, here, we have tested & reviewed best Android scanners for effective results.
Downloads: 10 Million+
Microsoft Office Lens is smart document scanner app for Android that helps you scan whiteboard, document, business card, and photos. You can use this app to scan and upload all your documents, receipts, notes, and more. You can save your documents in OneNote and OneDrive with easy sync feature. You can annotate documents in Word and OneNote with few clicks.
Features of Microsoft Office Lens
- It helps you scan and upload documents to OneDrive and share it on OneNote.
- You can convert images to PDF, Word, and PowerPoint files.
- It helps you annotate documents in Word and OneNote.
- You can even import images from Gallery.
Downloads: 10 Million+
This powerful Google scanner app helps you scan and save your favorite printed photos from your device camera. It helps you get glare-free scans with an easy step-by-step capture flow. With edge detection feature, it performs automatic cropping to save time. It scans any of your photos in seconds to save time for editing.
Features of PhotoScan by Google Photos
- This smart Google scanner app offers straight rectangular scans with perspective correction.
- It offers smart rotation to ensure your photos remain right side up.
- You can backup edited photos to Google Photos app.
- You can bring your scans to life with filters, movies, and advanced editing controls.
Downloads: 50 Million+
Try this free document scanning app for Android to turn your device into portable PDF scanner. It recognizes text automatically (OCR) to save time. Use this best scanner app for Android to scan documents, receipts, business cards, photos, whiteboards, and more and turn them into Adobe PDF file or photo. You can scan anything with precision to get accurate results.
Features of Adobe Scan
- It offers OCR feature and helps you reuse content from scanned document.
- It works as an advanced scanning and editing app for Android.
- You can use Adobe Scan to scan anything, anywhere, and anytime.
- With advanced features, it helps you quickly find documents in photos.
Downloads: 5 Million+
Price: Free, contains ads
CamScanner is an advanced application for scanning documents. You can use this one of the best Android scanner apps to scan, save, and archive documents. It saves your PDF file in the history and in the list of recently used documents so that you can instantly access files. All the documents that are scanned using CamScanner aren’t uploaded to any server for any processing. All the process is done on the local device storage to keep your data secure.
Features of CamScanner
- PDF generation in the app is completely offline and doesn’t require Internet connection.
- Auto enhancing feature of CamScanner makes the PDF look clear and sharp.
- You can use this app to securely scan documents where everything is processed on local device storage.
- You can scan, save or archive the scanned documents.
5. Google Lens
Downloads: 100 Million+
Google Lens is an advanced Android scanner that helps you scan anything from documents, plants & animals to places and more. You can use Google Lens to scan and translate text in a few clicks. You can use this app to scan and save documents, business cards, calendar, codes, long paragraphs, and more. Google Lens lets you search what you see and identify it quickly. You can scan objects and quickly find information about it.
Features of Google Lens
- It also works as a QR/barcode scanner.
- It integrates Google Maps to help you order popular dishes.
- You can explore places and identify objects using this app.
- Google Lens is available for free to use.
The best Android scanner apps offer an effective solution to scan, snap, and keep anything from photos, documents to PDFs. Here, we have tested and reviewed some of the best scanner apps for Android you should download and use it on your device. Do try any of these apps and share your experience in the comments below.