Passwords have always been an integral part of online experience of any user. You got password for you computer, mobile, for your email account, social media accounts, and what not. Now that you have a lot of passwords to remember, the easiest idea to manage them is to use best password manager software. These smart tools help you store, share, auto-fill, sync, and access passwords anytime anywhere. While there are tons of these software available online, here we have tested & reviewed best passwords managers for Mac you should try in 2021.
Best Password Manager Software for Mac 2021
Device Support: The 2 most recent major macOS versions or later
LastPass puts your digital life at your fingertips, simply and securely. You can use this smart password manager for Mac to keep your personal and business passwords secure. You can secure your family passwords & login details with its personal version, while business version helps you connect employees to their work while maintaining complete control and visibility. You simply need to save a password and it will be available on all your devices.
Features of LastPass
- It helps you autofill payment and shipping details online to save time.
- You can secure any digital records including passwords, memberships, insurance cards, Wi-Fi passwords, and more.
- The built-in password generator helps you generate strong passwords.
- You can conveniently and safely share passwords and notes with others.
- It offers dark web monitoring and sends you alerts when your personal information is at risk.
Device Support: OS X 10.8 or later
Price: $2.99/month billed annually Personal plan
$3.99/month Team & Business plan
1Password gives you peace of mind when it comes to your password and data security. You can use this powerful password manager for Mac to secure passwords, login details, and personal information in an encrypted vault. This smart solution works well with all devices and popular browsers. With 1Password X, you can easily sign in to sites, use suggested passwords, and find what you need. Here, everything is available at your fingertips.
Features of 1Password
- It is also available as browser extension.
- Friendly 24/7 email support
- Two-factor authentication for an extra layer of protection
- Travel mode to safely cross borders
- It offers AES-256 bit encryption for complete security.
Device Support: macOS 10.12 or later
Dashlane does more than creating, saving, and securing your passwords. You can use this advanced password manager for Mac to autofill your passwords, payments, personal details, fill online forms, store unlimited passwords, and more. It offers ad-free experience to avoid annoyance. It has home and business version to fulfill different users’ needs. It makes the Internet easier with smart features.
Features of Dashlane
- You can sync your passwords and access them anytime anywhere easily.
- You can store unlimited passwords in Dashlane.
- It helps you autofill information and passwords to save time.
- It sends instant alerts for all breaches to keep you secure.
- It keeps you data secure using patented technologies.
Device Support: OS X 10.10 and newer
Price: $36/year for premium
Keeper offers hassle-free way to protect all your passwords and personal information. With Keeper, all your devices from MacBooks to iMacs are protected effortlessly. It is a Zero-Knowledge platform, which means all your personal information and passwords are secured in your personal encrypted digital vault and only accessible by you. It encrypts and decrypts everything locally on your Mac using master keys.
Features of Keeper Mac Password Manager
- You can store and share individual records or entire folders with other Keeper users.
- It supports two-factor authentication methods for better security.
- Keeper supports the use of Touch ID to login to your vault.
- It generates strong passwords and autofills into the websites you access on your Mac.
- You can import records and passwords from other password managers.
Device Support: macOS 10.12 and later
KeePassXC is one of the best cross-platform password manager that works seamlessly with Windows, Mac, and Linux. The full source code of KeePassXC is published under the terms of GNU and available on GitHub. You can use this open source software to inspect, use, change, and share at your will. It ensures complete security of your passwords and data using industry standard AES-256-bit encryption. You can also select from Twofish or ChaCha encryption standards.
Features of KeePassXC
- You can store sensitive information in entries that are organized by groups.
- It helps you generate strong passwords.
- You can create, open, and save databases in the KDBX format.
- It offers seamless integration with all popular browsers.
- You can import databases from CSV, KeePass1, and 1Passwords formats.
While the best password managers are designed to keep your passwords and personal information secure, they also your digital life easy. Here, we have tested and reviewed best tools you should use on your Mac systems to protect all your data.