16 Best Mac Cleaners in 2021 (Free & Paid)
There are several reasons behind Mac’s slow and sluggish performance, so are the ways to optimize it. In the market you can find dozens of tools that promise to optimize and clean Mac, but identifying the best is difficult.
Hence, here we bring you the list of 16 best Mac cleaner to boost Mac’s performance in 2021. Some of them are free while you can pay for other Mac cleaner software to explore advanced cleaning & optimization features.
Why you should use Mac cleaner tools?
All the apps that we recommend here are safe to download and are fully compatible with the latest version of macOS. These apps will help you optimize and clean the clutter from your Mac machine automatically. Plus, they have a dedicated support team to handle customer queries, so you can use any of them without worrying about performance issues.
· Amazing ability to clean junk files, cache memory and log files
· Can ensure the computer’s performance
· Advanced registry cleaning options
· Smart uninstaller
· Faster boot time
· Intelligent privacy security
· Impressive ability to clear unwanted trash and junk files
· Secures your browsing activities
· Complete customization option
· Personalized file removal
· Can clean browser plug-ins, extensions and cache files
· May optimize internal memory usage
· Controls the startup applications
· Scheduled boot and shut-down time
16 Best Mac Cleaner & Optimization Software for 2021 (Free & Paid)
1. CleanMyMac X
Want to clean your Mac, but don’t want to do it manually? If yes, here is the answer to all your problems. CleanMyMac X is optimization and cleaning tool for Mac that not only speeds up your system, but it also helps you to disable heavy memory processes. Use Clean My Mac to disable unwanted login items, clean photo junk, manage iTunes junk, remove malware, clean system junk, and more. Use CleanMyMac X to speed up your Mac instantly.
- Amazing ability to clean junk files, cache memory and log files
- Can ensure the computer’s performance
- Advanced registry cleaning options
- Smart uninstaller
- Faster boot time
- Intelligent privacy security
- Comprehensive ability to clear hibernation entries
- Safe file removal options
- Multi-lingual support
- Can clear unused toolbars and extensions
- Only limited options available in the trial version
- Presence of few unwanted features
Device Compatibility: latest OS Catalina
CCleaner for Mac is a popular Mac optimization utility. It is designed to identify and delete bugs, junk files from your Mac machine. The best part about CCleaner for Mac is that it checks your entire Mac for the files that are making it run slow. This app has a simple and intuitive interface so that the user can easily view the results and can confirm the deletion. CCleaner for Mac is one of the best Mac cleaners for 2021 you should use to keep your system performance intact.
- Impressive ability to clear unwanted trash and junk files
- Secures your browsing activities
- Complete customization option
- Personalized file removal
- Real-time monitoring features
- Advanced automatic update
- Can analyze your hardware for issues
- Budget friendly
- Little complex to navigate
- Free version offers basic cleaning only
Device Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.5 and up
This is one of the free to use advanced tools with excellent capabilities and features to optimize your Mac device. Mac Cleanup Software can reduce your CPU usage, clear disk space and optimize the system for improved performance. Also, this tool can erase duplicate files and unwanted applications. Poor disk space issues can also be resolved efficiently with this genuine software. Users can select the best solution for their problem from a list of available cleanup solutions.
- Can clean browser plug-ins, extensions and cache files
- May optimize internal memory usage
- Controls the startup applications
- Scheduled boot and shut-down time
- Capable of finding duplicates
- Perceptive application uninstaller
- Manages disk space easily
- Can monitor your system with ease
- No free version
- Not suitable for older versions of macOS
Device Compatibility: MacOS 10.13, MacOS 10.12, Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7
Macube Cleaner is a comprehensive Mac cleaner that keeps your system health intact. It comes with numerous useful features to free up valuable disk space and optimize Mac for better performance. Its smart scan feature detects device type and network connection for secure and effective cleaning. It not only works as a cleaner software, but it also helps you protect your online activities by cleaning web history in a one click.
- Cleans all types of junk files including duplicate files
- Effective app uninstaller to remove unnecessary software
- Duplicate files and similar image finder
- Delete large & old files
- Easily manage add-ons and plug-ins
- Fastest scan engines
- One click operations to save time
- Keeps your privacy intact
- No 24 hours chat support
- Doesn’t support old Mac versions
Device Compatibility: OS X 10.11.0 or later
Cleaner One Pro is designed to free up valuable space and de-clutter disk storage in just one click. You can use this advanced Mac cleaner software to speed up system performance significantly. This multi-platform solution works well on Windows too. You can subscribe it to avail services for one or multiple PCs.
- Helps you de-clutter & manage all apps & programs.
- Toolbar feature of the app monitors CPU usage, network usage, and memory usage.
- Cleans junk files, big files, similar photos, and duplicate files.
- It also works as a startup manager to help you manage startup apps & services.
- File shredder feature of the app helps you erase the hidden leftover files
- Comprehensive Mac cleaner solution with tons of useful features
- Interactive visual map to analyze your storage usage.
- Sends you quick recommendations to find & clean junk.
- Useful for both budget and power users
- Certain privacy & security features could be added for better results.
- Free download has limited cleaning access
Device Compatibility: macOS 10.12 and higher
Iobit Mac Booster 8 is one of the best all-in-one Mac cleaning software. It cleans up to 20 types of junk files and helps get rid of threats. Plus, MacBooster is capable of optimizing Mac’s hard disk drive to boost its performance.Moreover, its five clean-up tools help to remove tons of junk files, free up Mac hard disk space to speed up Mac performance. This feature is beneficial for users using smaller SSD hard disks.
- Brilliant potential to remove malware and virus
- Can optimize your Mac performance
- Admirable ability clean memory and to ensure privacy
- Round the clock protection
- Can uninstall applications without any residual files
- Premium defragmentation
- Continuous customer support
- Inbuilt professional network assistance
- No trial version available
- Unwanted features explanation
Device Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later (compatible with macOS Catalina)
TuneupMyMac’s advanced features and powerful tools help enhance Mac speed with ease and improve your experience exclusively. This is one of the best free Mac cleaner software that helps you deep clean your system storage and recover valuable disk space. It helps you optimize your system hard drive and make your Mac more stable.
- Offers a variety of optimization options
- Advanced shredder feature
- Impressive startup optimization
- Can secure your internal policy
- Capability to manage large files
- Locate and delete hidden files
- Can clear more hard drive space
- Excellent ability to manage and clear browsing history and cookies
- No customization options
- Lack of premium support
Device Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later
8. Avira Optimizer for macOS
Users can avail of outstanding performance from their system by using this best free Mac cleaner software. Avira Optimizer for macOS helps you scan large and least used files, Junk files, temporary files, and residues of the uninstalled application. These unnecessary files can be removed by this software securely to elevate the performance of the drive. This genuine tool has a user-friendly interface with one click scanning options.
- Single click clean up
- Removes junk file and browser caches
- Can locate and delete unused and old files
- Scheduled cleanup
- Advanced malware protection
- Can monitor CPU usage
- Regular notifications on cleaning
- Can ensure your privacy and optimize your system
- Slower system performance during the scan
- Cannot clean files in batch
Device Compatibility: MacOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
9. Disk Clean Pro
Another popular Mac cleaner for 2021 is Disk Clean Pro. This tool includes features like disk clean up, disk management and others to prevent Mac slowdowns. Without putting your data at risk, Disk Clean Pro cleans disk drive. Disk Clean Pro offers features like One Click Cleaning, Duplicate Finder, Internet Privacy, and more. Using the tool is a cakewalk, you can install this best Mac cleaning software to know how efficient it works.
- Exclusive junk cleaner and log cleaner
- World-class trash cleaner to delete unwanted files
- Powerful partial downloads feature to remove residues of incomplete downloads
- Privacy app to remove traces of your activities
- Can improve the response time of your system
- Elevated system speed
- Deep and complete cleanup
- May be useful in deleting duplicate files
- Not compatible with previous versions of OS
- No trial versions
Device Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
10. Drive Genius 5
A great tool when it comes to defragging and optimizing Mac. This advanced free Mac cleaner scans the system automatically to detect malware and clean all the malicious infections. Moreover, it helps in removing duplicate files and identifying hardware related problems. In addition to this Driver Genius 5 even repairs logical files and folder errors to avoid imminent problems. Its 3 functional modules, Clean-Up, Protect, and Speed Up help user to optimize and clean Mac.
- Can optimize the Mac RAM
- Proficiency to edit partitions on macOS
- Inbuilt data shredder tool to remove unwanted files
- May be useful in removing a virus
- Capable of repartition your drive
- Created secondary startup drives
- Can rebuild files with data
- May be useful in creating a duplicate drive
- More expensive
- Separate startup drive is necessary for checking your startup
Device Compatibility: macOS 10.12 & later versions
simple to use this Mac optimization tool not only allows to view large files but also helps in deleting irrelevant data. DaisyDisk displays an overview of the disks attached so that the user can know the amount of space occupied and free on the disk drive. This tool by means of daisy wheel shows all file systems so that it’s easy for the user to know how much space is available. Since all shown data is in real time, the user can know whether there’s enough space to download a media file or not. This best free Mac cleaner normally takes 10-15 seconds to scan your disk and show an overview.
- Exclusive high-quality user interface
- Provides scan results clearly
- In-built preview options to visualize the function
- Intelligent scanning options
- One-click operations
- Can portrait the available space on the drive smartly
- May locate and delete large files
- Good trial version capacity
- Poor cleanup notifications
- Cannot protect against malware
Device Compatibility: macOS 10.10 & later versions
One of the best free Mac cleaner software offers a wide array of features to remove unwanted junk files that accumulate on your hard disk. With this Mac cleaning app, the user can do a lot from checking the disk to configuring Apple application. You name it, this app has all the features to help you accomplish the task. This best Mac optimization tool provides great maintenance tools to run system scripts, remove browser cache, junk files and erase trash.
- Ability to verify the boot disk
- Can optimize your system memory
- Excellent capability to delete cache files
- Can reconstruct databases
- More advanced options
- Simple interface
- Completely free
- Compatible with the previous version of OS
- Cannot secure your online activity
- Lack of basic features
Device Compatibility: macOS 10.2 & later versions
Another best Mac cleaning tool AppCleaner, allows to remove widgets, unwanted files and configuration files. One of its best options is SmartDelete, it functions when you drag the application to Trash. Using the three tabs: Widgets, Applications and Others, you can easily get rid of unwanted files.
- Easy to use
- Simple system cleanup
- Can provide complete scan results
- Fast installation options
- Good ability to clear junk files
- Can clear all files related to the uninstalled application
- Faster response
- Completely free to use
- No advanced features available
- Less functionality
Device Compatibility: macOS High sierra to Catalina (Version 3.5)
14. iMobie MacClean
This advanced Mac cleaner has all the essential features your Mac requires. It helps de-clutter Mac and increases device’s competence. No longer you will need to clean your Mac manually, this amazing tool promises to do in-depth cleaning and remove unwanted data. Furthermore, MacClean’s Internet Clean feature shields your Internet activities from snoopy eyes. It removes all cookies, saved passwords, cache and useless website data from all the browsers. You can purchase either a personal or family license as per the requirement.
- New Junk cleanup features
- Can protect your internet activity
- Ability to clear malicious cookies
- Secured operation
- Can ensure your privacy
- One-click security
- Can remove unnecessary backups
- May be useful in clearing app leftovers
- Cannot identify all file formats
- Requires separate download for more features
Device Compatibility: macOS Mojave, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X 10.11/10/9/8/7
Next on our list of best Mac cleaner software is MacCleanse. A functional Mac cleaner that guarantees cleaning in a fast and effective manner. This app scans your complete Mac for unwanted stuff. The best part of this product is its simple and unique interface. This advanced Mac cleaner is best for novice users as it offers customization and in-depth scanning. Plus, its uninstaller feature allows uninstalling unwanted applications quickly from your Mac. MacCleanse even has a feature to disable login items that usually slow down Mac or hog CPU usage.
- Safe and secured cleanup
- Customized configurations
- Can provide an elaborate overview of the scan
- May detect all the leftovers
- Can locate unused and old applications
- Excellent ability to manage and remove an unwanted plug-in
- Good capability to locate duplicate entries
- Automatic system cleanup
- Lack of malware removal functions
- No inbuilt application updater
Device Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
Also Read: Best Disk Cloning Software
16. OS Cleaner Master
A tool that cleans every inch of your system to optimize it for better performance. OS Cleaner Master can be used to monitor storage, memory and CPU usage. It even checks for crashed apps and firewall status. A user can use this best free Mac cleaner to explore all of its effective features to clean Mac, delete duplicate files, manage and organize data.
- Can monitor system performance
- Have excellent ability free up more memory
- Ability to remove local copies of emails
- Can identify and clear duplicate files
- More additional tools
- Can remove unused and crashed applications
- Locate and delete unused and larger files
- Can monitor and maintain your PC
- Requires additional downloads
- Paid additional downloads
Device Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
In the end, we hope our list of the 15 best Mac cleaner software proves helpful while you make the choice in 2021. However, if you have any suggestion regarding the review please share with us. Do not hesitate to leave a comment.
These products are both easy to use and easy on your pocket, you can either purchase a single license or family licenses of these products. For more update and to know about best tools for your Mac and Windows stay tuned.
Want to access geo-restricted sites, but don’t want to get into the nitty-gritty of technicalities? You are in luck. ClearVPN is just the right VPN for you. Unlike other VPNs in the market, ClearVPN lets you choose the activity you wish to perform, not the server. This makes using both a VPN and staying secure […]
Of course, you’ve spent a lot of money for your new Mac, and we understand how it can be frustrating when you see it starts working slow or any other unusual things happen, like an unexpected crash of apps. What happened with the expensive device and how to stop and prevent this problem? In our […]
Human nature is defined as the constant struggle of man and woman to fulfill their immediate needs, wants, and desires. Once that list is achieved, we want more and in a consumer-dominated world, there is nothing better than that. You may be a fan of fast internet speeds, however, you would also need other perks […]
Identity theft – what is it and how to protect yourself? At a time when there is an unlimited amount of information available to the individual via the Internet, and the development of technology and the increasingly complex operation of the public and social life require the exchange of large quantities of data, the right […]
Blockchain technology has advanced significantly since the launch of cryptocurrency in 2008. Today, entrepreneurs in various industries have embraced its value and technological advantage, trying to appropriate it for advancing their competitive edge on the market. Besides, blockchain may open up new doors due to its dispersed and flexible nature, helping companies through transparency, privacy, […]
Are you contemplating software expansion? The complexity of programming necessitates the need for an expert programmer. While anyone can pass out as a developer, it will help if you research the leading destinations to outsource software development specialists. This article factors in everything you need to know when looking for a software developer. Factors to […]
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]