Top 10 Best ES File Explorer Alternatives In 2024
The most popular program among these choices has been the ES File Explorer for a long time. It is an excellent application for organizing files and programs, with many additional capabilities. This software has remained a typical pick for Android users. However, it was discovered to be installing spyware on their devices.
So, unfortunately, the Google Play Store has prohibited this popular file organizer software. Users of these applications are left with little choice but to seek alternatives due to the restriction. So, to assist you with a new file manager, we have compiled the top ES File Explorer alternatives.
Best 10 Alternatives to ES File Explorer
Many people look for alternatives because ES File Explorer is not currently accessible on the Google Play Store. So, if you’re looking for anything similar, you’ve come to the perfect spot. We will discuss some of the most excellent alternatives. Continue reading and check it out.
Files by Google is among the greatest ES File Explorer alternatives on the market, and it deserves to be. Google’s file management program is well-known for its intelligent identification of storage trash. It finds and displays the garbage files which need to be removed from the device. Aside from that, Files by Google contains all of the standard file management functionality necessary in a file manager program.
Compatibility: Android 5.0 and higher
- Allows you to clear up space in a faster and simpler way.
- Use Files to determine how much space is available.
- Use Files to retain adequate storage to keep it working smoothly.
- Offer recommendations for files to delete to clear space.
- Save time and discover files more quickly.
- Simple file managing and viewing.
- Offline file sharing.
- Not possible to uninstall or deactivate it.
- Not appropriate for moving or transferring files.
Solid Explorer is the nearest competitor. It is sometimes regarded as the most acceptable option because it has nearly all of the capabilities present in the ES File Explorer. The app is free for 14 days, after which you can subscribe to a premium plan. It has a well-organized fast access panel to various files and storage devices. The software may be completely customized.
Compatibility: Android, iOS, Windows, and Web browsers
Price: 14 days free trial; Paid add-on
- Provides access to files saved and arranges them automatically.
- Store chosen files in a safe folder after encrypting them using powerful AES.
- Assists you in determining which files consume the most space.
- Major cloud providers and network protocols are supported.
- The user interface is clean and seamless.
- Includes SMB/FTP and dual-pane capabilities.
- Could Integration.
- No native players or viewers.
- There is just a 14-day free trial.
Astro File Manager is among the other ES file explorer alternatives. It is free and has a plethora of features to meet the demands of everyone. The software enables you to browse, backup, manage and move files quickly and easily. It gives precise storage space data to aid you in keeping your smartphone decluttered, and its data arranged logically.
Compatibility: Android, iOS, Linux, Windows
- Offers convenient and quick access to a variety of files and documents.
- Assist in the removal of garbage files and other unwanted data.
- Capacity to maintain cloud storage and synchronize data.
- The built-in archiver supports compressing and decompressing files.
- Sort and categorize files based on their size.
- Free Storage Cleaner
- Management of native and cloud storage.
- No Customization
- No possibility to open the directory via path.
Explorer is incredibly light and has a user interface that is both seamless and straightforward. It comes with a tabbed user interface and enables users to travel between destinations by clicking or swiping on a tab. Aside from ordinary file management, this alternative solution also enables you to manage files saved on cloud platforms like Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, and others.
Compatibility: All Devices
- Clicking/ swiping on a tab lets you easily travel between different locales.
- It has several themes and a built-in text editor.
- Zip or tar files should be created and extracted.
- In the background, conduct long-running processes (like copying or moving files).
- Make shortcuts to files and directories.
- Sets of customizable icons
- Provides a search function
- Fueled by advertisements.
- Sometimes, specific icons seem hazy.
If you’re seeking all-in-one system and file management applications for your smartphone, FileMaster is the solution. It can assist you in quickly optimizing your smartphone. This ES file manager alternative may help you improve your phone with its effective app manager, junk cleaner, CPU cooler, and vital file management. It also includes a file transfer tool.
Compatibility: Android, iOS, Windows 7/8/10
- To restore space, it clears the apps and system cache junk files.
- Remove any leftover garbage files from removed programs.
- Cool the CPU by detecting and closing programs that may cause temperature rises.
- Automatically scan running applications, memory card contents, and other apps.
- Increases processing speed.
- All files are categorized.
- Battery saver to analyze battery use.
- Takes a long time to display the contents of the folder.
- Display several advertisements.
MiXplorer Silver File Manager is among the few popular file managers with a plethora of functionality. In addition, it offers so many capabilities that even users who have been using ES File Explorer for decades may become overwhelmed. It includes a contemporary user interface, including a fantastic bottom-bar panel. You may use new files or folders to make multitask and tabs.
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/9, Mac, Android
- The dual-panel allows you to transition between two jobs smoothly.
- It can compress and unzip files and supports various file types.
- You may also connect to the root directory and use cloud services.
- Added support for the FTP and SMB protocols.
- The user interface is simple and full of features.
- FTP or SMB support is provided.
- Cloud integration and dual-paneling.
- Sometimes loading issues occur.
- In-app purchases.
The makers of Amaze File Manager built it with the simplicity of use in consideration. It is a 100% free app with no advertisements. You may examine files in grid or list format and execute simple operations. Cut, delete, copy, compress, extract, and other basic features are conveniently available. Plus, it can extract and compress files. There are several themes with their own set of fascinating icons.
- Enables you to backup and remove applications.
- Allows you to rush across various storage media and directories.
- Provides FTPS and FTP support
- Work on many tabs simultaneously and support for drag-and-drop motions.
- Open Source, sleek, and lightweight app.
- Support for cloud services.
- Cloud service assistance.
- Often falls.
- Slow files are moving.
File Commander is among the other popular ES file explorer alternatives. It is a feature-rich file management tool. Plus, it has standard functionality like file categorization, network file sharing, cloud sync, USB OTG compatibility, file compression, and some other additional capabilities. The Premium edition includes additional features like file hiding and encryption, a storage analyzer, a recycle bin, file bookmarking, etc.
Compatibility: Android, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD.
Price: Free with ads; $29.99/ year
- The home screen may be customized, with many pre-set categories
- DropBox, Box, OneDrive, and Google Drive supported cloud services.
- Supports USB-OTG for managing external files.
- PC, FTPs, FTP, and remote file transfer are all supported.
- App with several features.
- Allows for PC file transmission.
- Integration with the cloud.
- Too many advertisements.
- Transferring files takes longer.
Total Commander is among the earliest file managers for Android users. It is free of adverts and adware, making it a viable alternative to ES File Explorer. The best thing is that Total Commander is entirely free, which is incredible. The user interface is a little old-fashioned, but you get a dependable file manager that can manage everything. Plus, it may be used to access rooted system files.
Compatibility: Android, Windows
Price: Free Mobile Version
- Configurable button bar for performing various activities.
- Enhancement for the visually handicapped.
- It is compatible with rooted devices.
- Make customizable buttons for carrying out various operations and running commands.
- File manager that has been tried and tested
- Brings all of the necessary characteristics
- RAR and ZIP files are supported.
- Sometimes it fails to copy or transfer files.
- Custom configuration necessitates a significant amount of time.
10. FX File Explorer
FX File Explorer is our last alternative to ES File Explorer with a sleek and easy-to-use material designed User Interface. The software is free to download, but an in-app payment unlocks a few extra features. Like other file management programs, FX File Explorer has the standard feature set that includes a video player, an image viewer compatibility for several file archiving, cloud services, etc.
Compatibility: Windows, Android, iOS.
Price: Free app with some in-app purchases.
- Ability to access cloud sites and network with a single password.
- Execution of shell scripts and viewing of binary (hex) files.
- Support for remote file transmission and cloud storage.
- Using a web browser, you may transmit and handle files and documents.
- It conveniently categorizes the device’s storage.
- The home screen may be personalized.
- Capabilities for cloud access
- Incapable of locating a way to SMB server.
- It had a more excellent design before the Material Design revamp.
ES File Explorer is a fantastic program, so finding the best alternatives might be complex. However, the 10 alternatives mentioned above were among the finest to consider. You may use these applications to manage your files and papers while also using the capabilities. In our opinion, “Files by Google” and “File commander” are two of the most excellent solutions.
Explore a comprehensive guide comparing top bulk email software to streamline communication. Discover key features, pros, and cons to help choose the ideal solution for your business’s email marketing needs.
PC randomly turns off? Resolve random PC shutdowns sans overheating. Learn quick fixes—update drivers, check hardware, scan for malware, and more in this comprehensive troubleshooting guide.
Fix the frustrating Exit Code 1 crash when trying to open Minecraft. This article provides 8 step-by-step solutions to resolve the error. Learn exactly what causes the Exit Code 1 Minecraft crash and how to get Minecraft running smoothly again.
This in-depth review explores Xnxubd 2021 Frame Rate X 2 – the AI-powered video playback enhancement software that delivers 2X smoother streaming and gaming.
GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 is a common issue that prevents the Share overlay from working properly. This article provides 9 fixes to resolve error code 0x0003.
Explore a comprehensive comparison between CCleaner VS Advanced SystemCare, two leading system optimization tools. Discover their features, functionalities, and performance to make an informed choice.
Discover the top 10 CCleaner alternatives for Mac in 2023. Explore a range of efficient, user-friendly programs like CCleaner for Mac tailored for a seamless macOS experience.
Discover the top 15 free live wallpaper apps for Windows 10 & 11 PC! Elevate your desktop experience with these dynamic and stunning wallpapers. Find the perfect app to personalize your desktop.
How to fix Unknown USB Device error which is also famous as Device Descriptor Request Failed error on Windows 11 and Windows 10 PC.
When you secure college admission to pursue a degree or diploma of your choice, what often comes to your mind? Except for those who got a chance to study in a specific university due to talent, especially sports, a significant proportion of students will want to land a well-paying job, whereas a few might opt […]