Best ES File Explorer Alternatives
The most popular program among these choices has been the ES File Explorer for a long time. It is an excellent application for organizing files and programs, with many additional capabilities. This software has remained a typical pick for Android users. However, it was discovered to be installing spyware on their devices.
So, unfortunately, the Google Play Store has prohibited this popular file organizer software. Users of these applications are left with little choice but to seek alternatives due to the restriction. So, to assist you with a new file manager, we have compiled the top ES File Explorer alternatives.
Best 10 Alternatives to ES File Explorer
Many people look for alternatives because ES File Explorer is not currently accessible on the Google Play Store. So, if you’re looking for anything similar, you’ve come to the perfect spot. We will discuss some of the most excellent alternatives. Continue reading and check it out.
Files by Google is among the greatest ES File Explorer alternatives on the market, and it deserves to be. Google’s file management program is well-known for its intelligent identification of storage trash. It finds and displays the garbage files which need to be removed from the device. Aside from that, Files by Google contains all of the standard file management functionality necessary in a file manager program.
Compatibility: Android 5.0 and higher
- Allows you to clear up space in a faster and simpler way.
- Use Files to determine how much space is available.
- Use Files to retain adequate storage to keep it working smoothly.
- Offer recommendations for files to delete to clear space.
- Save time and discover files more quickly.
- Simple file managing and viewing.
- Offline file sharing.
- Not possible to uninstall or deactivate it.
- Not appropriate for moving or transferring files.
Solid Explorer is the nearest competitor. It is sometimes regarded as the most acceptable option because it has nearly all of the capabilities present in the ES File Explorer. The app is free for 14 days, after which you can subscribe to a premium plan. It has a well-organized fast access panel to various files and storage devices. The software may be completely customized.
Compatibility: Android, iOS, Windows, and Web browsers
Price: 14 days free trial; Paid add-on
- Provides access to files saved and arranges them automatically.
- Store chosen files in a safe folder after encrypting them using powerful AES.
- Assists you in determining which files consume the most space.
- Major cloud providers and network protocols are supported.
- The user interface is clean and seamless.
- Includes SMB/FTP and dual-pane capabilities.
- Could Integration.
- No native players or viewers.
- There is just a 14-day free trial.
Astro File Manager is among the other ES file explorer alternatives. It is free and has a plethora of features to meet the demands of everyone. The software enables you to browse, backup, manage and move files quickly and easily. It gives precise storage space data to aid you in keeping your smartphone decluttered, and its data arranged logically.
Compatibility: Android, iOS, Linux, Windows
- Offers convenient and quick access to a variety of files and documents.
- Assist in the removal of garbage files and other unwanted data.
- Capacity to maintain cloud storage and synchronize data.
- The built-in archiver supports compressing and decompressing files.
- Sort and categorize files based on their size.
- Free Storage Cleaner
- Management of native and cloud storage.
- No Customization
- No possibility to open the directory via path.
Explorer is incredibly light and has a user interface that is both seamless and straightforward. It comes with a tabbed user interface and enables users to travel between destinations by clicking or swiping on a tab. Aside from ordinary file management, this alternative solution also enables you to manage files saved on cloud platforms like Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, and others.
Compatibility: All Devices
- Clicking/ swiping on a tab lets you easily travel between different locales.
- It has several themes and a built-in text editor.
- Zip or tar files should be created and extracted.
- In the background, conduct long-running processes (like copying or moving files).
- Make shortcuts to files and directories.
- Sets of customizable icons
- Provides a search function
- Fueled by advertisements.
- Sometimes, specific icons seem hazy.
If you’re seeking all-in-one system and file management applications for your smartphone, FileMaster is the solution. It can assist you in quickly optimizing your smartphone. This ES file manager alternative may help you improve your phone with its effective app manager, junk cleaner, CPU cooler, and vital file management. It also includes a file transfer tool.
Compatibility: Android, iOS, Windows 7/8/10
- To restore space, it clears the apps and system cache junk files.
- Remove any leftover garbage files from removed programs.
- Cool the CPU by detecting and closing programs that may cause temperature rises.
- Automatically scan running applications, memory card contents, and other apps.
- Increases processing speed.
- All files are categorized.
- Battery saver to analyze battery use.
- Takes a long time to display the contents of the folder.
- Display several advertisements.
MiXplorer Silver File Manager is among the few popular file managers with a plethora of functionality. In addition, it offers so many capabilities that even users who have been using ES File Explorer for decades may become overwhelmed. It includes a contemporary user interface, including a fantastic bottom-bar panel. You may use new files or folders to make multitask and tabs.
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/9, Mac, Android
- The dual-panel allows you to transition between two jobs smoothly.
- It can compress and unzip files and supports various file types.
- You may also connect to the root directory and use cloud services.
- Added support for the FTP and SMB protocols.
- The user interface is simple and full of features.
- FTP or SMB support is provided.
- Cloud integration and dual-paneling.
- Sometimes loading issues occur.
- In-app purchases.
The makers of Amaze File Manager built it with the simplicity of use in consideration. It is a 100% free app with no advertisements. You may examine files in grid or list format and execute simple operations. Cut, delete, copy, compress, extract, and other basic features are conveniently available. Plus, it can extract and compress files. There are several themes with their own set of fascinating icons.
- Enables you to backup and remove applications.
- Allows you to rush across various storage media and directories.
- Provides FTPS and FTP support
- Work on many tabs simultaneously and support for drag-and-drop motions.
- Open Source, sleek, and lightweight app.
- Support for cloud services.
- Cloud service assistance.
- Often falls.
- Slow files are moving.
File Commander is among the other popular ES file explorer alternatives. It is a feature-rich file management tool. Plus, it has standard functionality like file categorization, network file sharing, cloud sync, USB OTG compatibility, file compression, and some other additional capabilities. The Premium edition includes additional features like file hiding and encryption, a storage analyzer, a recycle bin, file bookmarking, etc.
Compatibility: Android, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD.
Price: Free with ads; $29.99/ year
- The home screen may be customized, with many pre-set categories
- DropBox, Box, OneDrive, and Google Drive supported cloud services.
- Supports USB-OTG for managing external files.
- PC, FTPs, FTP, and remote file transfer are all supported.
- App with several features.
- Allows for PC file transmission.
- Integration with the cloud.
- Too many advertisements.
- Transferring files takes longer.
Total Commander is among the earliest file managers for Android users. It is free of adverts and adware, making it a viable alternative to ES File Explorer. The best thing is that Total Commander is entirely free, which is incredible. The user interface is a little old-fashioned, but you get a dependable file manager that can manage everything. Plus, it may be used to access rooted system files.
Compatibility: Android, Windows
Price: Free Mobile Version
- Configurable button bar for performing various activities.
- Enhancement for the visually handicapped.
- It is compatible with rooted devices.
- Make customizable buttons for carrying out various operations and running commands.
- File manager that has been tried and tested
- Brings all of the necessary characteristics
- RAR and ZIP files are supported.
- Sometimes it fails to copy or transfer files.
- Custom configuration necessitates a significant amount of time.
10. FX File Explorer
FX File Explorer is our last alternative to ES File Explorer with a sleek and easy-to-use material designed User Interface. The software is free to download, but an in-app payment unlocks a few extra features. Like other file management programs, FX File Explorer has the standard feature set that includes a video player, an image viewer compatibility for several file archiving, cloud services, etc.
Compatibility: Windows, Android, iOS.
Price: Free app with some in-app purchases.
- Ability to access cloud sites and network with a single password.
- Execution of shell scripts and viewing of binary (hex) files.
- Support for remote file transmission and cloud storage.
- Using a web browser, you may transmit and handle files and documents.
- It conveniently categorizes the device’s storage.
- The home screen may be personalized.
- Capabilities for cloud access
- Incapable of locating a way to SMB server.
- It had a more excellent design before the Material Design revamp.
ES File Explorer is a fantastic program, so finding the best alternatives might be complex. However, the 10 alternatives mentioned above were among the finest to consider. You may use these applications to manage your files and papers while also using the capabilities. In our opinion, “Files by Google” and “File commander” are two of the most excellent solutions.
Since its launch in 2016, WhatsApp desktop has become an internal part of the personal and professional lives of the modern population. As a result, users often need to open WhatsApp desktop to keep in touch with crucial notifications and messages without using mobile. However, this transition of WhatsApp from mobile to desktop is not […]
Most modern operating systems, like Windows 10, work smoothly on different devices. However, some errors may enter the device, which may cause it to malfunction or start creating issues with its features. For example, while every Windows 10 device offers seamless internet connectivity through Wi-Fi, users may have to face the issue of Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting […]
Web designers have been used for decades now to help companies and individuals build an online presence. They are different from programmers since they are the ones that make a website usable and don’t really deal with the code that makes it run. They can be quite expensive to hire to help you make a […]
You wrote an awesome idea in the Notes app, but when you try to access it on your Mac or iPhone, it’s gone! So, what is the reason for this? It’s primarily due to Apple Notes not syncing data between iPhone and Mac. Don’t be concerned. We faced a similar issue and were able to […]
Windows offer an in-built feature of remote desktop to allow a seamless connection between a remote PC and host system. It is widely used in remote assistance and remote working. Windows 11 and 10 users often feel the need to use a remote desktop which may create issues due to different reasons. Hence, many face […]
Introduction Gaming is among the most popular activities for many people, and multiple options are available across devices. Among them, racing simulation, be it extreme car racing themed or arcade/cart-based games, are one of the top sub-categories. On PlayStation PS4, users can expect a high-quality experience with these games, with detailed visuals and top-grade performance/speed. […]
Connecting to the internet is the primary need of multiple Windows 11 and 10 devices. Systems facing issues connecting with Wi-Fi need to look for the alternatives like mobile data. With USB tethering as the key alternative to the seamless Wi-Fi connection, USB tethering, when not working, can be highly irritating and must be immediately fixed. […]
Every app, simple or complex, goes through a specific development process. This process ensures that the app meets the client’s needs and satisfies the end user. Ultimately, each step—no matter how small—is essential to the app’s overall success. Read on for six must-do processes when building a successful application. Test the app Testing is a […]
With multiplayer games becoming increasingly popular worldwide, many game developers have focused on the Action and Adventure genres. Among these, Battle Royale games like PubG have gotten much attention, which is why Kinetic Games has released Phasmophobia, a multiplayer horror game. This game has been prereleased as an early access game, which means that specific […]
Google Chrome includes a file downloader module that allows you to download various types of files (images, documents, zips, executables, audio files, and so on) from the internet. Chrome not only downloads files but also performs a quick virus and malware scan on them. Unfortunately, the virus scan feature can begin to behave strangely and […]