Best Data Recovery Software for Mac 2021
Losing data from your Mac is the most dreaded scenario in today’s digital world. Any kind of data loss is a severe setback. When your Mac refuses to start up, you have only one question: “How do I recover my files from Mac?”. Data recovery software work as a lifeline to retrieve the deleted or lost files efficiently.
This article lists the best data recovery software for Mac, along with their significant features. The list contains free as well as paid powerful software options that can help in recovering lost photos and files from a failed Mac hard drive.
Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best free data recovery software for quick and reliable recovery of not just accidentally deleted files but also data from damaged or formatted hard drives. This makes it a powerful file recovery software. It is compatible with macOS 10.9- macOS Catalina.
- EaseUS has a simple and user-friendly interface.
- It can recover more than 1000 types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, archives, and other files from most peripheral devices.
- EaseUS can be used for different data loss situations like accidental deletion, virus attack, system crash, partition loss, hard drive crash, etc.
- It supports reasonably good RAW partition recovery.
- EaseUS provides flexible scanning modes like Quick Scan and Advanced Deep Scan.
It provides a preview of recovery results to ensure efficient recovery.
- It provides the ability to create an emergency bootable USB drive to recover data even when macOS is unable to boot up.
- It allows users to recover lost data from a Time Machine backup drive.
- For paid users, EaseUS has high-quality remote assistance with specialists to ensure a higher rate of data recovery.
Price: The Free version allows up to 2GB of file recovery. For extra recovery capacity, the unlimited version is available for $89.95.
MiniTool is a free data recovery software for Mac to recover lost data and deleted files and folders from Mac computers or other common storage devices. It is compatible with macOS 10.9- macOS Catalina.
- It has a simple and easy to use interface.
- It supports file preview for an efficient file recovery process.
- The tool has four different functional modules that assist in addressing specific data loss scenarios: Undelete Recovery, Damaged Partition Recovery, Lost Partition Recovery, and Digital Media Recovery, making it easier to find the important files.
- It has comprehensive partition recovery features. MiniTool can recover data from deleted or damaged partition along with restoring lost data from Mac, external hard drive, USB, memory card, etc.
Price: The free version of MiniTool for Mac can recover up to 1MB, while the paid version ($199) has no limit on the amount of data recovered.
RecoverIt is one of the best data recovery software to recover lost, deleted, formatted and even corrupted files from the Mac machine. It is fully compatible with macOS 10.9- 10.15 (macOS Catalina).
- It has an easy to use interface which the user can select the file type to recover, scan for files as per the search criteria, preview the file details before starting the recovery process.
- It can be used to recover more than 1000 types of files for videos, photos, audio, documents, and many other files.
- It can help to recover files from a wide range of data storage devices like USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, external hard drive, iPod, etc.
- The Standard version of RecoverIt can be used for file, partition, and raw hard drive recovery. It enables hard drive recovery by creating a bootable drive to start up a crashed Mac and access data.
- RecoverIt comes with an advanced video recovery feature where it scans, gathers and matches the fragments of the corrupt videos, to ensure video repairing. It comes with an advanced video recovery feature where it scans, gathers and matches the fragments of the corrupt videos, to ensure video repairing.
Price: The trial mode of RecoverIt can recover up to 100MB files. The Essential Edition costs $79.95 and the Standard Edition for Mac costs $99.95.
Disk Drill is one of the most powerful data recovery software for Mac to recover deleted files.
- It has a modern user interface and powerful recovery features.
- Disk Drill works on hard drives, USB drives, memory cards and mostly all other external storage devices that can be connected to a Mac, including iOS and Android devices.
- It supports an extended list of file types that can be restored.
- It uses advanced and fast scanning algorithms for its two scanning modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It allows limiting the scanning results by choosing the file types to recover before initiating the recovery process.
- It has the ability to preview the files that can be recovered.
- Recovery Vault is an advanced feature of Disk Drill that adds an extra layer of data protection by keeping a reference to all deleted files.
- Guaranteed Recovery is another powerful feature that runs in the background and saves a copy of each file to a user-specified folder. It thus reduces the possibility of losing the important files permanently.
- Disk Drill allows users to create image files in the form of DMG files. This functionality is highly important in forensic science.
- Data Backup feature enables users to recover lost files from a clone version of the device or partition, thus keeping the original storage source secure.
- Additionally, some extra tools like disk cleanup, duplicate finder, disk health, etc. are available for free.
Price: The Free version of Disk is very comprehensive. Disk Drill Pro version ($89) provides users with unlimited recovery and the latest technology and security.
iCare Data Recovery is a free data recovery software for Mac to retrieve lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audios, and other files. It stands out as an easily accessible hard drive recovery software because of its faster and unlimited file recovery from wrongly formatted drives, virus attacks, system crashes, etc.
- It works as a comprehensive solution for data recovery from Mac, memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks, etc.
- iCare Data Recovery is the best raw file system recovery software to recover and repair raw file system.
- It is an easy and fast file recovery software.
CrashPlan is an enterprise-level cloud-based backup and data recovery software for Mac, Windows and other devices.
- It is an easy-to-use, smartly priced data loss protection software.
- CrashPlan combines data backup with file recovery. It makes full, detailed backups of the machine starting with the newest files first.
- CrashPlan backups are fully encrypted to ensure security.
- CrashPlan stores deleted files.
Price: CrashPlan is available for $10.00 per month per Mac.
Stellar Data Recovery Professional is an easy and powerful data recovery software for Mac to recover lost or deleted files from Mac and other external storage devices. It is compatible with macOS Catalina and lower versions of macOS.
- It has a modern user interface and advanced recovery features.
- The software can run customized recovery procedure by choosing specific file types and storage drive or partition.
- It helps to recover files lost due to accidental deletion, USB corruption, partition loss, formatted hard drive, etc.
- The two scan modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan modes allow to choose the type of media scanning. Furthermore, it allows to save storage drive scan result as a file which can be reloaded anytime later to resume the Mac data recovery process.
- It works as a great hard drive recovery tool by restoring data from crashed or non-booting Mac using recovery drive.
- Stellar Mac Data Recovery software enables partition recovery by deep scanning the lost partition and retrieving data to a secure location.
- Its Disk imaging feature allows the tool to perform secure and faster file recovery on Mac.
- Stellar Mac Data Recovery tool offers capabilities to repair corrupt images and videos.
Price: Stellar Mac Data Recovery Professional is available for $79.99.
Cisdem Data Recovery is an advanced paid data recovery software for Mac. It helps to recover deleted files from Mac and other rewriteable storage devices.
- It comes with an easy to use interface.
- It works as a superior file recovery software to recover all kinds of lost files such as pictures, videos, documents, music, emails, etc.
- It allows choosing from five different data loss scenarios for customized data recovery.
- Its preview feature allows viewing of recoverable files for recovery and then perform the actual data restoration.
Price: Cisdem Data Recovery for Mac is available for $49.99 for 1 Mac.
iBoysoft is a comprehensive free data recovery software for Mac to recover lost or deleted files for all data loss scenarios. It supports macOS 10.7 up to macOS 10.15.
- It is a fully automated and user-friendly software.
- iBoysoft works as a powerful file recovery tool. It scans the hard drive, detects different pieces of lost files and puts them together to restore various types of files.
- It comes with fast scanning speed and great performance.
Price: Free edition of iBoysoft Data Recovery Software recovers up to 1GB data.
Data Rescue 5 is Prosoft’s best data recovery software for Mac to recover lost or deleted files from Mac and other peripheral devices including SSD. It is compatible with macOS X 10.10 or later.
- It has a simple and user-friendly interface.
- Data Rescue 5 trial version can scan the drive and find out recoverable files before buying the full software.
- Data Rescue 5 Professional has a built-in Time Machine support to eliminate the recovery of duplicate files and save recovery space.
- It scans for more than 150 recognized file types for documents, photos, videos, archives, etc.
- It enables cloning a failing drive onto a healthy drive and creating a recovery drive.
- Data Rescue 5 also sends email notifications relating recovery process.
Price: Data Rescue 5 for Mac is available for $99.00.
With plenty of options to recover lost data using best data recovery software for Mac available on the market, it becomes really challenging to find the best file recovery software. A good hard drive recovery tool should be easy to use and work comprehensively for partition recovery. The above list has some great options for paid as well as best free data recovery software for Mac thus answering the most common question: “How do I recover my files?”
Are you finally ready to optimize your website? Ready to create a user-friendly website that can dramatically increase your sales? Then, you must have already gone through all the amazing A/B testing tools available in the market. You know the UX A/B testing software market wasn’t that crowded a few years back. There were only […]
Are you running an online store? Then, dispatching items, tracking deliveries, taking returns, and managing stock must give you a terrible migraine. But, not anymore! With the best warehouse management software in 2021, you can efficiently manage all warehouse operations with ease. WMS software will reduce manual labor and improve customer services in no time. […]
Are you an architect, interior designer, or just a hobbyist? You need 3D architecture software to conceptualize your building or home design ideas. Plus, do you know how quick and accurate models you can create with 3D printing? If not, let us help you find the best architecture design software in 2021. With the right […]
Billing and invoicing is a hard business. Creating invoices, sending them, and following up on unpaid bills can take up a lot of time. On the top, recurring bills and invoices can definitely lose you money without even realizing it. Billing and invoicing software are the perfect alternatives to your old accounting system. Using billing […]
Accounting is a very broad spectrum revolving around numerous financial operations. Accounts payable management is one of the crucial accounting operations to maintain a proper cash flow system. AP teams processes, records, and ensure to pay vendors on time. The accounts payable software can fully automate manual data entry work. Additionally, AP software helps with […]
Whether you are a solopreneur or a corporate leader, undoubtedly, you need the best payroll management software to smoothly run your business. HR payroll software helps in saving time, efforts and keeping your staff happy. Plus, payroll software ensures that you meet all the tax compliance. If you haven’t yet selected the suitable payroll software […]
Health is Wealth — we all know that! Unfortunately, not many people still pay attention to their medication and take their prescribed pills on time. Often work schedules and home chores take all your attention that you don’t remember to take your medicines on time. If that always happens with you, technology has invented a […]
Now that your iPhone storage is almost full and the easiest way to free up some space is to move your large files from iPhone to your Mac. Videos occupy fair share of total storage space and it is wise to move these large files to your Mac so that you give your iOS device […]
Today, you can open Spotify or iTunes apps anytime on your phone and listen to unlimited music. But, if you want a full listing experience, your good old radio is the best option. For some witty talks, meaningful entertainment, and lighthearted programs, online radio stations are the right place. It doesn’t matter where you are […]
The tech industry has taken pole position in the latest the MBA Career Services & Employer Alliance survey, with the industry seeing the largest increase in full-time job postings in business schools in the autumn of 2020. During a difficult time for both job hunters and entrepreneurs, says MBA Atch, tech ‘is the silver lining’, with various […]