Best Data Recovery Software for Mac 2021
Losing data from your Mac is the most dreaded scenario in today’s digital world. Any kind of data loss is a severe setback. When your Mac refuses to start up, you have only one question: “How do I recover my files from Mac?”. Data recovery software work as a lifeline to retrieve the deleted or lost files efficiently.
This article lists the best data recovery software for Mac, along with their significant features. The list contains free as well as paid powerful software options that can help in recovering lost photos and files from a failed Mac hard drive.
Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best free data recovery software for quick and reliable recovery of not just accidentally deleted files but also data from damaged or formatted hard drives. This makes it a powerful file recovery software. It is compatible with macOS 10.9- macOS Catalina.
- EaseUS has a simple and user-friendly interface.
- It can recover more than 1000 types of files for documents, videos, audios, graphics, email, archives, and other files from most peripheral devices.
- EaseUS can be used for different data loss situations like accidental deletion, virus attack, system crash, partition loss, hard drive crash, etc.
- It supports reasonably good RAW partition recovery.
- EaseUS provides flexible scanning modes like Quick Scan and Advanced Deep Scan.
It provides a preview of recovery results to ensure efficient recovery.
- It provides the ability to create an emergency bootable USB drive to recover data even when macOS is unable to boot up.
- It allows users to recover lost data from a Time Machine backup drive.
- For paid users, EaseUS has high-quality remote assistance with specialists to ensure a higher rate of data recovery.
Price: Starts from $89.95/year
Stellar Data Recovery Professional is an easy and powerful data recovery software for Mac to recover lost or deleted files from Mac and other external storage devices. It is compatible with macOS Catalina and lower versions of macOS.
- It has a modern user interface and advanced recovery features.
- The software can run customized recovery procedure by choosing specific file types and storage drive or partition.
- It helps to recover files lost due to accidental deletion, USB corruption, partition loss, formatted hard drive, etc.
- The two scan modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan modes allow to choose the type of media scanning. Furthermore, it allows to save storage drive scan result as a file which can be reloaded anytime later to resume the Mac data recovery process.
- It works as a great hard drive recovery tool by restoring data from crashed or non-booting Mac using recovery drive.
- Stellar Mac Data Recovery software enables partition recovery by deep scanning the lost partition and retrieving data to a secure location.
- Its Disk imaging feature allows the tool to perform secure and faster file recovery on Mac.
- Stellar Mac Data Recovery tool offers capabilities to repair corrupt images and videos.
Price: Starts from $79.99.
MiniTool is a free data recovery software for Mac to recover lost data and deleted files and folders from Mac computers or other common storage devices. It is compatible with macOS 10.9- macOS Catalina.
- It has a simple and easy to use interface.
- It supports file preview for an efficient file recovery process.
- The tool has four different functional modules that assist in addressing specific data loss scenarios: Undelete Recovery, Damaged Partition Recovery, Lost Partition Recovery, and Digital Media Recovery, making it easier to find the important files.
- It has comprehensive partition recovery features. MiniTool can recover data from deleted or damaged partition along with restoring lost data from Mac, external hard drive, USB, memory card, etc.
Price: Starts from $93.22
RecoverIt is one of the best data recovery software to recover lost, deleted, formatted and even corrupted files from the Mac machine. It is fully compatible with macOS 10.9- 10.15 (macOS Catalina).
- It has an easy to use interface which the user can select the file type to recover, scan for files as per the search criteria, preview the file details before starting the recovery process.
- It can be used to recover more than 1000 types of files for videos, photos, audio, documents, and many other files.
- It can help to recover files from a wide range of data storage devices like USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, external hard drive, iPod, etc.
- The Standard version of RecoverIt can be used for file, partition, and raw hard drive recovery. It enables hard drive recovery by creating a bootable drive to start up a crashed Mac and access data.
- RecoverIt comes with an advanced video recovery feature where it scans, gathers and matches the fragments of the corrupt videos, to ensure video repairing. It comes with an advanced video recovery feature where it scans, gathers and matches the fragments of the corrupt videos, to ensure video repairing.
Price: The trial mode of RecoverIt can recover up to 100MB files. The Essential Edition costs $79.95 and the Standard Edition for Mac costs $99.95.
Disk Drill is one of the most powerful data recovery software for Mac to recover deleted files.
- It has a modern user interface and powerful recovery features.
- Disk Drill works on hard drives, USB drives, memory cards and mostly all other external storage devices that can be connected to a Mac, including iOS and Android devices.
- It supports an extended list of file types that can be restored.
- It uses advanced and fast scanning algorithms for its two scanning modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It allows limiting the scanning results by choosing the file types to recover before initiating the recovery process.
- It has the ability to preview the files that can be recovered.
- Recovery Vault is an advanced feature of Disk Drill that adds an extra layer of data protection by keeping a reference to all deleted files.
- Guaranteed Recovery is another powerful feature that runs in the background and saves a copy of each file to a user-specified folder. It thus reduces the possibility of losing the important files permanently.
- Disk Drill allows users to create image files in the form of DMG files. This functionality is highly important in forensic science.
- Data Backup feature enables users to recover lost files from a clone version of the device or partition, thus keeping the original storage source secure.
- Additionally, some extra tools like disk cleanup, duplicate finder, disk health, etc. are available for free.
Price: The Free version of Disk is very comprehensive. Disk Drill Pro version ($89) provides users with unlimited recovery and the latest technology and security.
iCare Data Recovery is a free data recovery software for Mac to retrieve lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audios, and other files. It stands out as an easily accessible hard drive recovery software because of its faster and unlimited file recovery from wrongly formatted drives, virus attacks, system crashes, etc.
- It works as a comprehensive solution for data recovery from Mac, memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks, etc.
- iCare Data Recovery is the best raw file system recovery software to recover and repair raw file system.
- It is an easy and fast file recovery software.
CrashPlan is an enterprise-level cloud-based backup and data recovery software for Mac, Windows and other devices.
- It is an easy-to-use, smartly priced data loss protection software.
- CrashPlan combines data backup with file recovery. It makes full, detailed backups of the machine starting with the newest files first.
- CrashPlan backups are fully encrypted to ensure security.
- CrashPlan stores deleted files.
Price: CrashPlan is available for $10.00 per month per Mac.
Cisdem Data Recovery is an advanced paid data recovery software for Mac. It helps to recover deleted files from Mac and other rewriteable storage devices.
- It comes with an easy to use interface.
- It works as a superior file recovery software to recover all kinds of lost files such as pictures, videos, documents, music, emails, etc.
- It allows choosing from five different data loss scenarios for customized data recovery.
- Its preview feature allows viewing of recoverable files for recovery and then perform the actual data restoration.
Price: Cisdem Data Recovery for Mac is available for $49.99 for 1 Mac.
iBoysoft is a comprehensive free data recovery software for Mac to recover lost or deleted files for all data loss scenarios. It supports macOS 10.7 up to macOS 10.15.
- It is a fully automated and user-friendly software.
- iBoysoft works as a powerful file recovery tool. It scans the hard drive, detects different pieces of lost files and puts them together to restore various types of files.
- It comes with fast scanning speed and great performance.
Price: Free edition of iBoysoft Data Recovery Software recovers up to 1GB data.
Data Rescue 5 is Prosoft’s best data recovery software for Mac to recover lost or deleted files from Mac and other peripheral devices including SSD. It is compatible with macOS X 10.10 or later.
- It has a simple and user-friendly interface.
- Data Rescue 5 trial version can scan the drive and find out recoverable files before buying the full software.
- Data Rescue 5 Professional has a built-in Time Machine support to eliminate the recovery of duplicate files and save recovery space.
- It scans for more than 150 recognized file types for documents, photos, videos, archives, etc.
- It enables cloning a failing drive onto a healthy drive and creating a recovery drive.
- Data Rescue 5 also sends email notifications relating recovery process.
Price: Data Rescue 5 for Mac is available for $99.00.
With plenty of options to recover lost data using best data recovery software for Mac available on the market, it becomes really challenging to find the best file recovery software. A good hard drive recovery tool should be easy to use and work comprehensively for partition recovery. The above list has some great options for paid as well as best free data recovery software for Mac thus answering the most common question: “How do I recover my files?”
Learning management system, aka LMS, is the new way of learning. LMS is developed to help individual’s to create, manage and provide online courses. It allows students and teachers to learn and demonstrate their skills anytime and anywhere. Today, there are so many different LMS software available in the market with vivid features and functions, […]
As a new MacBook owner, you might be surprised by how much the computer has to offer. Apple engineers push for new macOS updates that come with the latest features and improve the overall user experience. If you are still new to the macOS environment, it is possible that you have not discovered quite a […]
The emergence of remote workers has been on the rise for the last few years. This is with a good reason as well. The e-learning solutions provided are not only for employees. Organizations are also implementing them in their day-to-day activities. Working remotely means that you have flexible schedules. You can be able to plan […]
If you are a Mac user, you probably already have a bittersweet relationship with Mac Finder. It is an indeed powerful file manager and graphical user interface tool for Macintosh. But, despite being the default Apple program, it lacks many features. Plus, Apple hasn’t made any efforts to update Finder in a long time. However, […]
It’s common knowledge that compressed zip files are easy to share and help to free space on your disk. However, if you want to extract data from your zipped files, you need a zip file extractor. A tool that can decompress your data quickly and make it easily accessible for you. Usually, a zip tool […]
Does a little permanent black or colored spot on your LCD, OLED, or TFT screen annoy you? If yes, then before calling a repair guy or ordering a new screen, wait for a second and try to understand the stuck pixel concept. Once you get the hang of pixels, you can save your warranty for […]
In the current scenario of an online environment, Porn is all over the Internet. Online Pornography has become a bad habit of digital life. Children are growing up in the digital world. Every kid has access to smartphones. Using smartphones, any kid can easily access the Internet. Thus, it has increased the kid’s risk of […]
Is your brand new laptop bloated with unwanted programs? Unfortunately, then, you are not the only one who is struggling with bloatware. That’s because Microsoft is no longer stronger on bloatware. However, the good thing is that you can remove bloatware in Windows 10 easily. Today, a new Microsoft device is swamped with a series […]
Are you worried about your kids wandering off to the dark side of the internet? Do you want to ensure the safety of your kids online? If yes, you have probably considered using parental controls to keep your children away from risky internet behavior. Here is our review for the latest parental control solution in […]
Correctly, get back deleted or lost pictures from the hard drive or SD card. To relive happy moments spent with family and friends we capture them, and nobody wants to lose these digital memories, right? Yet due to unforeseen situations like accidentally deleting pictures, hard drive failure, natural disaster, corrupt hard disk, and formatting the […]
Since the Internet has grown to be the main source for entertainment, socializing, news, information, and more, we hardly ever think about how it works. It is informative and helpful, however just like a physical playground, there’s scope for harm within the online world, particularly for children who may not be absolutely aware of the […]
Whether you wish to share your Macintosh with your kids, friends, or colleagues, it’s better to create a new user account to maintain your privacy. With separate Mac accounts, every person can have their own settings like application preferences, iCloud account details, and password-protect their personal data. Most importantly, the process of adding users to […]
The PDF formats have extremely important uses nowadays. One of the main reasons that pdf format is used is because it cannot be modified by others. They are easy to transfer and are commonly used in business, education, and health. We can convert a whole book and lengthy reports into pdfs. Sometimes the size of […]
Are you preparing for an IT certification course? If yes, you need to install Visual Certification Exam software in your system right away. Why? That’s because online IT course materials and certifications are available in VCE file format. So, if you have an exam coming up soon, you need a VCE suit to open the […]
Restore lost or deleted files from any storage media using Tenorshare 4DDiG. Losing important files, images, videos, or for that matter any data is no fun. It leaves us all anxious, frustrated, and stressed. What’s worse, when we don’t have a backup and the same file is urgently required. This creates panic and makes you […]