Amazon Alexa – Review
Artificial Intelligence has taken over the technology industry, as everyone is interested in the Virtual Assistant spectrum. Many tech giants have already come up their own Virtual Assistant software. Among such programs, Amazon Alexa is one of the widely-used and top-rated software. You may have already known the fact that anything from Amazon would obviously be a reliable program. Alexa is no different in this aspect, as it has been developed and equipped with various types of tools that can help you by leaps and bounds. Basically, this app makes your life much easier, as it can do a lot of things for you by simply receiving your commands.
Amazon Alexa is packed up with multitude of features that are quite efficient. Here’s a look at the main features of this multi-platform app:
- Efficient VA: This app is very effective at whatever it does. You can simply say the code word and it instantly comes to life. You can then ask any type of queries for which it refers to the internet and answers your questions. Since the core mechanism of this app lies in the cloud servers, it constantly gets updated with new information along with consistent updates in the working mechanism as well. The algorithm behind this app constantly learns new information to accommodate you with whatever you need assistance for. Furthermore, it gets adapted to your preferences, vocabulary, and voice with time.
- Smart Home Connectivity: The world is adopting the Internet of Things concept with a very rapid pace. Smart Home is essentially one of the prominent concepts of IoT. Here, this app from Amazon plays a very important role, as you can seamlessly control all your smart home devices with this app. You can instantly check or control the status of any smart home device with this application. You can create separate lists of your smart home devices and control them instantly with a single command. You can easily turn on or off your smart lights, brew coffee by switching on your smart plug, and do many such things with simple commands to this app.
- Easier contact with your friends & family: Calling or texting your contacts can be done in a very simpler way with this app. All you need to do is, giving a command and let it do the work for you. The Drop In feature of this app lets you connect with Alexa devices instantly and use them to call and let your family know any information you want to.
- Stream Music everywhere: As long as you’ve wiFi connection in your home and this app installed on your Android or iOS device, you can stream music through all the compatible devices in your home. You can do all this by a single command. Just create a list and add the devices you want to stream music through. Once you’re done with that, you can seamlessly play music through these devices with one simple command. In addition to that, you can also use these connected devices to have access to information and news.
Amazon Alexa is compatible with multiple platforms. This is one of the prominent aspects that are responsible for the massive success of this app. It supports Fire O.S 5.0 or higher, iOS 8.0 or higher, and Android 4.4 of higher. Furthermore, this app supports six major languages which are English, Japanese, Italian, French, German, and Spanish. Compatibility with Cortana is an upcoming prospect, which indicates that you could use this app on Windows in the near future.
Pros & Cons:
Here’s a brief look at all the pros and cons of using this app.
- Very easy to use, even non-tech persons can use this app seamlessly.
- Doesn’t require superfast internet connection.
- Constantly updates itself with newer information.
- Free to download and is available for both iOS and Android.
- Compatible with many add-ons and devices.
- Over-reliance on this may lead to laziness.
If you haven’t already installed Amazon Alexa, you’re really missing out on something incredible. Since we all are busy with our hectic lifestyle, an app like this could come in handy, by helping us out with many things that can save a lot of time. Since this app is available for both Android and iOS for completely free of charge, it doesn’t really harm you to try it out. Download and install this app from here if you’re using an Android device, and here if you’re an iOS user.
Feature Image Source: thurrott
How to Fix the “Network Discovery is Turned Off” Error on Windows 11/10
Introduction: Among many common Windows errors, the “network discovery is turned off” error is an annoying obstacle that disrupts your workflow. Whether you’re trying to share files, stream media, or access shared printers, encountering this error can be perplexing and disruptive. The good news is that understanding the causes and solutions for this error can […]
How to Use the New Bing With ChatGPT
Introduction: Gone are the days of sifting through endless search results. With Bing, powered with ChatGPT, you can now ask questions in plain language and receive instant, personalized answers tailored to your needs. It’s like having a conversation with a knowledgeable search assistant right at your fingertips. So, agree or not, you are definitely in […]
How to Use Split Screen on a Mac
Introduction: In today’s fast-paced digital world, maximizing productivity is the key. Period. And being able to juggle multiple tasks seamlessly is a skill worth mastering. If you’re a Mac user looking to boost your multitasking abilities, you’re in luck. Apple’s macOS offers a powerful feature known as Split Screen, which allows you to effortlessly divide […]
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11
Introduction: In the world of productivity, every single second counts. The last thing anyone wants is to be hindered by unnecessary obstacles while using their computer. One such obstacle is the lock screen that appears every time you wake up your Windows device. Though it may appear as a minor inconvenience, those valuable seconds spent […]
How to Find Your iPhone From an Android Device?
Introduction Mobile phones are the necessary daily gadget that functions the maximum amount of work for the user and help to communicate with people. It will be a disaster if you lose your iPhone anywhere on the street or office and have no idea how to recover it. Mostly you will panic and return to […]
How to Create a Custom Map in Google Maps
Introduction You may create Google custom maps that do not appear on anyone’s page by going to maps.google.com and using one of the many available choices. You do not need specialized software to make a unique map for you or someone else. All you require is Google Maps, which enables you to create a personalized […]
How to Repair Your Own iPhone
Introduction You can consider some DIY actions if your Apple device is not functioning as it once did or if your screen or another piece of the system is physically damaged. You may repair your iPhone yourself using these suggestions. You can fix an iPhone on your own using one of two methods. Purchasing new […]
The 5 Best Gaming Laptops in 2023
Introduction Are you looking for the best laptop to play high-specification games? Technology Industries have been producing revolutionary products in gaming PCs and Laptops. People invest a tremendous amount in building a gaming pc, so it requires multiple accessories to play the game. In contrast, gaming laptops are changing the aspect of the gaming experience. […]
How To Detect And Remove Keylogger From Windows PC?
Introduction Keyloggers are a famous tool hackers use to obtain passwords and other sensitive data. All they need is access to the device to detect keylogger in Windows PC. Once set up, the keylogger will operate silently in the background and capture the keystrokes you make on a physical or virtual keyboard. There are various […]
The Top Ten AI Chatbots: ChatGPT Alternatives for 2023
Introduction You may use the ChatGPT text maker to generate any script by putting the required word into the search box and browsing the likely answers. The machine heavily utilizes online data to discern the intricacies of the basic human-written text. We are now determining its ideal use cases for ChatGPT, a well-liked chatbot with […]