Artificial Intelligence has taken over the technology industry, as everyone is interested in the Virtual Assistant spectrum. Many tech giants have already come up their own Virtual Assistant software. Among such programs, Amazon Alexa is one of the widely-used and top-rated software. You may have already known the fact that anything from Amazon would obviously be a reliable program. Alexa is no different in this aspect, as it has been developed and equipped with various types of tools that can help you by leaps and bounds. Basically, this app makes your life much easier, as it can do a lot of things for you by simply receiving your commands.
Amazon Alexa is packed up with multitude of features that are quite efficient. Here’s a look at the main features of this multi-platform app:
- Efficient VA: This app is very effective at whatever it does. You can simply say the code word and it instantly comes to life. You can then ask any type of queries for which it refers to the internet and answers your questions. Since the core mechanism of this app lies in the cloud servers, it constantly gets updated with new information along with consistent updates in the working mechanism as well. The algorithm behind this app constantly learns new information to accommodate you with whatever you need assistance for. Furthermore, it gets adapted to your preferences, vocabulary, and voice with time.
Read Also: Top 10 Free Alexa Skills
- Smart Home Connectivity: The world is adopting the Internet of Things concept with a very rapid pace. Smart Home is essentially one of the prominent concepts of IoT. Here, this app from Amazon plays a very important role, as you can seamlessly control all your smart home devices with this app. You can instantly check or control the status of any smart home device with this application. You can create separate lists of your smart home devices and control them instantly with a single command. You can easily turn on or off your smart lights, brew coffee by switching on your smart plug, and do many such things with simple commands to this app.
- Easier contact with your friends & family: Calling or texting your contacts can be done in a very simpler way with this app. All you need to do is, giving a command and let it do the work for you. The Drop In feature of this app lets you connect with Alexa devices instantly and use them to call and let your family know any information you want to.
- Stream Music everywhere: As long as you’ve wiFi connection in your home and this app installed on your Android or iOS device, you can stream music through all the compatible devices in your home. You can do all this by a single command. Just create a list and add the devices you want to stream music through. Once you’re done with that, you can seamlessly play music through these devices with one simple command. In addition to that, you can also use these connected devices to have access to information and news.
Amazon Alexa is compatible with multiple platforms. This is one of the prominent aspects that are responsible for the massive success of this app. It supports Fire O.S 5.0 or higher, iOS 8.0 or higher, and Android 4.4 of higher. Furthermore, this app supports six major languages which are English, Japanese, Italian, French, German, and Spanish. Compatibility with Cortana is an upcoming prospect, which indicates that you could use this app on Windows in the near future.
Read Also: Top 25 Cool Things Alexa Can Do for You
Pros & Cons:
Here’s a brief look at all the pros and cons of using this app.
- Very easy to use, even non-tech persons can use this app seamlessly.
- Doesn’t require superfast internet connection.
- Constantly updates itself with newer information.
- Free to download and is available for both iOS and Android.
- Compatible with many add-ons and devices.
- Over-reliance on this may lead to laziness.
If you haven’t already installed Amazon Alexa, you’re really missing out on something incredible. Since we all are busy with our hectic lifestyle, an app like this could come in handy, by helping us out with many things that can save a lot of time. Since this app is available for both Android and iOS for completely free of charge, it doesn’t really harm you to try it out. Download and install this app from here if you’re using an Android device, and here if you’re an iOS user.
Feature Image Source: thurrott